PDA

View Full Version : jks swage

phishroy
09-06-2015, 12:24 AM
anyone know of jks swage?
http://www.jksswage.com/
considering ordering some items from him but would like to get opinions from people that have dealt with him first.
is he a member here? any one use his tools opinions and quality?

MOcaster
09-06-2015, 10:52 AM
I've never heard of them but I'd be VERY leery of them. Their about/history page seems very similar to John Harvey at HG Firearms. There's no address, but I would bet this company is based in Lake City, Michigan. I'm sorry if I step on any toes, I'm not positive about it, that's just what my gut tells me. Take it for what you will.

goblism
09-06-2015, 01:47 PM
I would say based on his prices I would look at established swaging company like rce, Dave corbin, or Larry blackman BSSP

Utah Shooter
09-06-2015, 02:09 PM
I would say based on his prices I would look at established swaging company like rce, Dave corbin, or Larry blackman BSSP

Yup. That is what I would do.

bullet maker 57
09-06-2015, 02:13 PM
I agree. Sounds like him also. I may be way off base. Actually, I hope I am.

BT Sniper
09-08-2015, 01:17 AM
In the "about" section of the JKS website it talks a lot about .234 diameter bullets. Only other time I recall seeing mention of this caliber bullet from a swage die maker was on the old HG Firearms website if I remember correctly.

HG Firearms site and same 23 cal mention......

https://sites.google.com/site/hgfirearmsllc/23-caliber

Take note of previous customer reviews regarding HG Firearms (if these two are one and the same?) and proceed with caution when spending big money on a set of swage dies. Always best to buy from a reputable maker as the ones already mentioned have established credentials.

BT

phishroy
09-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Thank you for the info'.
much appreciated.
always keeping a look out for new swagging companies.

meteu271
12-18-2015, 03:59 PM
I was curious and had a bit of money available and a lathe to do my own repairs if necessary. Address on the box I received is the same as the old HG Firearms address and the last name is the same.