PDA

View Full Version : follow up on reloader 7 in a revolver

johnson1942
09-05-2015, 04:46 PM
well you guys convinced me to try it. bought 200 new 38 special brass and loaded about 18 of them this way. 15 grains of reloader 7, a .357 60 thousands thick fiber wad. a lead roundball .38 diam resized to .357. then i compressed the resized roundball onto the wad and powder so it was almost even with the case top. then i put a nice roll over crimp on it. very very accurate. also very very little to none unburned grains of reloader 7. i think the tight wad and the compression and a good rollover crimp really does the trick with this powder. it works and as it is so accurate and clean in my gun thats the one i will use from now on. i like the case filling of the powder, i even like the sound of it going off. i could tell it was just right and not harsh or was it too mild.very little recoil. the gun is a uberti colt 1871-1872 open top 38 special with a 7 inch or so long barrel. when i run a cleaning rod down the barrel to check leading their was none at all and with two patches it was bright clean. i again think the 60 thousands wads really helps in that also. next will be my 45 long colt when i get time. going to sit down and load about 200 of the .38s the rest of the day. i have to really say i love that uberti open top colt. can keep a good tight group off hand at 15 to 20 yards. had to hone down the front sight a little to do that. good enough for snakes, rabbits, mountain lions and the guys who want to kick my door down. thanks guys for helping me out. johnson 1942

Outpost75
09-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks for this info. I might try it with a 200-grain bullet in my .38 Special rook rifle.