PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washer gave it up.

44man
09-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Craftsman would not pull soap and seen water bursting out the side of the pump. the fitting for the soap hose was broken off. I found it was also a valve.
Had to remove the pump and struggle to get the broken part out with an easy out, not a clean unscrew so I had to run a tap in and not knowing the exact size, seen some aluminum also come out. Can't measure without a piece of the part.
I made a new valve out of brass to fit the threads. There is an "O" ring in a groove inside so I had to make a cutter to cut the groove inside. Found a ball bearing to fit. I don't know if it needs a spring under it.
"O" ring snapped right inside nice.
I think it will come back from the dust. 148324

44man
09-06-2015, 03:40 PM
IT WORKS! I had to cut the end off a tap to get threads to the bottom of the hole and had to shorten the valve a little.
I had a little leak at the soap hose when I turned the water on but it stopped when the valve ball seated. Suction with the soap nozzle on is good. I put a light spring under the ball.
I have full pressure with no leaks.

joatmon
09-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Very nice lathe work!!
Aaron

Handloader109
09-13-2015, 09:41 AM
I had my craftsman branded washer blow out the high temp plug when it froze. Didn't get enough water out:-( tried to get out the remainder of the fitting but gave up and just tapped for a 1/4 bolt as 1/8plug was too big. Put locktite on it and it worked like a champ.

44man
09-13-2015, 02:04 PM
I keep mine in the garage during the winter. Never gets cold.
Those darn things get hot when running, they will burn grass under the pump. I use a hunk of plywood under mine.
Stinking fittings in aluminum are a big pain to get out if they break.