PDA

View Full Version : some .45 questions

JSH
04-02-2008, 08:02 AM
EAA Witness full size. Who makes a good holster for this? I hate to buy one then it ends up like the dozen or more I tried it in this past weekend. They either were to narrow at the muzzle or were to loose. I never did find a CZ 97 holster to try though.
Same gun as mentioned above. I need at least one more mag to play good guy vs bad guy games. I need a follower and would also like to put bumpers or magazine pads on all of them. I don't know if I used the right term or not. Did a search using pad and one with bumper. No luck. I did price some and thought they were way out of line at $12+ each.
The only thing on the bumper/pad, is I think the stock cap will end up breaking sooner or later when dumping and it hits the ground?
Will the CZ 97 mags work good on the Witness? I have read both good and bad.
Second is the 625JM holster problems on this one too. Either to long or to short. I did find one custom made for a 625JM, but at $200 that was out.
Thanks for any info.
Jeff

James C. Snodgrass
04-02-2008, 08:12 AM
:Fire:Galco makes real holsters, and I got some rubber and body panel adhesive to do the pads.

JSH
04-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I figured you were going to tell me I wouldn't have this problem if I had just bought Rugers to begin with,lol.

I will show ya the mags. The plastic is what i don't like. I think it will crack sooner or later. What gets me on these plastic guns, is they use one thing on the frame, then some junk on the magazines.
Jeff

Dale53
04-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't have a "Witness" but I use solid neoprene for the magazine pads for my 1911's. I cut them out with a utility knive. Shape them on the sander, rough up the glue side with sand paper (or emery cloth) and glue them on with 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive (available from auto parts stores or your friendly GM dealer). Be careful with the Super Weatherstrip Adhesive, as it is very hard to remove (hardly any normal solvent will affect it). But it DOES hold well.

The neoprene works well as it is rigid enough to work well when slamming a mag into the pistol and yet is resilient enough to cushion the magazine floor plate when a mag hits the ground.

Dale53

Bret4207
04-03-2008, 07:35 AM
My wife has a Witness. I'm told Beretta 92 holsters work. Nice gun!