PDA

View Full Version : IMR4007SSC recall

tsubaki
09-02-2015, 01:47 PM
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/blog/IMR4007SSC_Safety_and_Recall_Notice.pdf

Hickory
09-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Bump to the top

OnHoPr
09-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Darn, now I have to check my lot numbers. The powder works well for me in a number of applications.

tsubaki
09-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Darn, now I have to check my lot numbers. The powder works well for me in a number of applications.

What did you find out with your lot numbers?

There are reports from months back of this problem being known. It's probably taken this long to narrow down the lot numbers.
Reports are the decomposing powder has actually ruined plastic powder throwers or anything that it was stored in. Including loaded ammunition, turning the brass and jacketed projectile green.

OnHoPr
09-04-2015, 07:02 PM
This is my lot number configuration. I seen a post on SW and took a peek at my powder. Maybe I will still call them about it. I really like the powder though. When GM back a few years ago was selling off a lot of their in store reloading supplies for like 40 - 50% off I bought a number of things. Since I was getting low on Accurate 4064 which is the powder that my 30-30 LOVES with the Lee 180 gr I thought I would give this a try for the price and the closeness on the burn rate chart. Well I loaded a few rounds, went to the range, then I went back to GM to pick up what they had left of the 4007 ssc. Sure saved on some Haz Mat fees. Many times with three shot groups (my barrel heats up with 3 three shots of slow burning full house loads) with the AC 4064 they are in one ragged hole. With 4350 I get 1/2 to 3/4" groups. With the 4007 ssc I float around an inch, so for the price and the side of a deers ribs it was good enough. It also works well in my 300 winny for lower velocity loads for woods shooting, about an inch. I still need to lower that one though. It comes in about 3rd to 5th place in speed and accuracy, but still acceptable. There is a 2nd line lot number on my jugs.

""Sounds like they may have left out the stabilizer.

UPDATE: (warning; 3rd hand "information")
On another reloading forum someone:
"called Hogdon's and learned that whoever posted the recall information on their website put the numbers all in one row when they in fact are printed on two rows on the labels. The first digit will either be a 1 or an 8 for the size of the container in pounds. The next six numbers are the date the product was packaged. The number under those numbers is the actual lot number and the only lot number with which they are concerned is lot number 9. So unless your label has a 9 on the second line, your powder is not involved in the recall.""