PDA

View Full Version : Lee breech lock press with stuck button?

LAKEMASTER
08-31-2015, 09:16 PM
I bought a breech lock press from a member here, when I got it the little l ock button is depressed and won'tt come up any suggestions?

Beagle333
08-31-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm guess it has a bushing in it? Did you try turning the bushing? It doesn't pop up until the bushing is in the locked position. If it is just barely started in there and not rotated so that the notch lines up with the button, it'll stay down.

Of course, there may be other reasons, but that is the most common.

44Vaquero
08-31-2015, 09:39 PM
Were you able to remove the breech lock bushing? Try tapping on the press (plastic mallet?) gently, sometimes they pop free? You will not like Lee's response:

On rare occasion the locking pin jams in the down position. What we recommend is
to drill a small hole in the center of the button. Screw in a sheet metal screw.
The screw can now be used to pull the button up.

If you do not feel
confident in doing this, return the press to the factory and we will fix it for
you at no charge. This service is free, but please enclose $5.25 for return
shipping.

Lee Precision

LAKEMASTER
08-31-2015, 10:36 PM
i can do that at home!

the button just remains downward... i put some oil in it and ill check it tomorrow morning.

the button is down despite position of the bushing notch. which is why i figured it is broken..

i bet, if i lightly tapped it i can get it to wiggle giggle free..................

its only for depriming and bullet sizing so ill live with it. worse case scenario, ill put an allen in it and live with it.................

LAKEMASTER
08-31-2015, 11:53 PM
Paint.......

It was lees pretty paint....

There was a nice big bulb hanging up the button. I have a picture but don't know how to upload.

The wood screw within arms reach both lifted the button and scrubbed the powder coat off.....

44Vaquero
09-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Excellent! I like easy fixes!