PDA

View Full Version : Wife left me.

starmac
08-31-2015, 12:23 AM
Not sure what I am going to do, 38 years and poof, she rode the silver wings out of here.
Ofcourse she will be back in three weeks, so maybe I should party, go moose hunting, chase wild women, or just the list of honeydo's she left me. lol

therealhitman
08-31-2015, 12:29 AM
Lucky.

Sweetpea
08-31-2015, 01:12 AM
1. Get the Honey-do's out of the way first!

2. Leave the wild women to the younger, dumber guys...

3. ENJOY!!!

fryboy
08-31-2015, 01:44 AM
Just reading the title I had to wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing (....outsiders usually don't know lolz ) upon reading the thread ... I'm still wondering the same thing, what I do know is after 38 years you'll still miss her,her lil touches ( be they sweet nothings or the move yer big fat feet please types of banter ) but not to worry someone here will leave the light on for ya ;)

square butte
08-31-2015, 07:23 AM
Sit in front of the TV in your skivvies - And eat all the bacon you want

jcwit
08-31-2015, 07:26 AM
Had me scared there for a minute.

I think sweetpea has the plan.

buckwheatpaul
08-31-2015, 07:53 AM
I like the bacon idea.....my wife is the CFO of our home and she gives me an allowance.....if you wife is the CFO I hope she left you enough money to cover your needs during her trip.....

OnHoPr
08-31-2015, 08:01 AM
What! You mean she left you to do your own dishes to go to Floria or Hawaii to lay on the beach and drink Mai Tais and checkout all the 25 yo guys with 6packs before winter sets in up there. Well, I would do 15% of the honey dos, then drive up to Circle City to get drunk and on the way shoot a moose. Come back and do 15% more of the then since that is a college town I would look into those wild women. Just what kind of wild women are those up there. I went to the university to the museum and there are all kinds of good looking women driving around and parked at campus with 4 wheel drives with 4 wheel drive quads in the back with hard case scabbards with scoped 338 winnies in them. Hell if you drove around here like that they would call swat on you. Must be college educated wild women.lol Still women though. Then you should go and get a line wet. Isn't there a lake near North Pole that has a bunch of rainbows in it before you have to drill through 4 ft of ice. Then do 15% more of the honey dos and look busy when she gets home.

osteodoc08
08-31-2015, 08:06 AM

3. ENJOY!!!

This right here.

Not following sage advice #2 is just asking for trouble. I used to be one of those younger, dumber guys. Sometimes we have to learn life's lessons the hard way......its damn expensive and everyone suffers.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-31-2015, 08:21 AM
moose hunting !

opos
08-31-2015, 08:25 AM
Sow some wild oats and then pray for a crop failure

thegatman
08-31-2015, 08:53 AM
Now is the time to get all your man projects finished. Like reloading.

Jackpine
08-31-2015, 10:15 AM
Reminds me of the story where the guy says his wife told him she would leave him for good if he bought one more gun. His final remark was: "Damn, I am going to miss her."

Enjoy your separation,

Jackpine

atr
08-31-2015, 10:23 AM
just enjoy the silence

standles
08-31-2015, 10:43 AM
Did she make you a bunch of sandwiches before she left? ;)

That reminds me if your woman ever comes at you with a knife, throw a loaf of bread at her. The instinct to make sandwiches will kick in and you will be safe.

Kent Fowler
08-31-2015, 11:03 AM
Male Survival Tip #1 - Don't ever say those 6 words which have been the downfall of males since time began: "She wouldn't do that to me."
Male Survival Tip #2 - If she starts losing weight and gets a job, she just fired the shot across the bow at you. Most guys at this point haven't learned MST#1
Male Survival Tip #3 - If she insists that new car you just signed the finance papers for should be in her name, she just fired a broadside at you. #1 still not learned.
Male Survival Tip #4 - Check your bank and credit card balances immediately. If the former says Zero and the latter says Charged to the max, she just sunk your ship.
Male Survival Tip #5 - If the mailman smirks every time he sees you and leaves bills for credit cards you didn't know you had, she just torpedoed your whole fleet.
Male Survival Tip #6 - If all this has happened and you decide to get married again, see MST# 1.

376Steyr
08-31-2015, 11:17 AM
"My wife ran off with my best friend and I sure miss him."

youngmman
08-31-2015, 11:58 AM
How awful. Now you're left to decide which you will do first, drink beer, ride motorcycles, fart when you want, drink beer, check out younger babes just in case they have an interest, drink beer, shoot guns, cast bullets, sit around in you skivvies, drink beer..............................good Lord, the decisions she has left you to make, simply awful!

rondog
08-31-2015, 12:17 PM
I vote for moose hunting too!

Mumblypeg
08-31-2015, 12:18 PM
When she gets back it might be best to act like you REALLY missed her (Even if you didn't) or the next time she might not return.... don't ask me how I know this....

bob208
08-31-2015, 12:28 PM
jackpine my first wife said either those guns are going or I am. I missed her a little then bought another gun then a corvette. have not seen her in almost 40 years. now the second one does not care how many guns I have. she was with me when I bought one at a auction sat. the only thing she said was adding to my inheritance ?

osteodoc08
08-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Male Survival Tip #1 - Don't ever say those 6 words which have been the downfall of males since time began: "She wouldn't do that to me."
Male Survival Tip #2 - If she starts losing weight and gets a job, she just fired the shot across the bow at you. Most guys at this point haven't learned MST#1
Male Survival Tip #3 - If she insists that new car you just signed the finance papers for should be in her name, she just fired a broadside at you. #1 still not learned.
Male Survival Tip #4 - Check your bank and credit card balances immediately. If the former says Zero and the latter says Charged to the max, she just sunk your ship.
Male Survival Tip #5 - If the mailman smirks every time he sees you and leaves bills for credit cards you didn't know you had, she just torpedoed your whole fleet.
Male Survival Tip #6 - If all this has happened and you decide to get married again, see MST# 1.

Sad but true!

smokeywolf
08-31-2015, 12:44 PM
There's always that gunsmithing job you've been putting off; that can now be done at the kitchen table.

country gent
08-31-2015, 01:07 PM
First call her evry other day or so to let her know she is missed and your thinking of her. Then if you know the hotel or address shes staying at have some flowers delivered to her, just to brighten her day. SHe will like the additional attention and knowing your thinking of her.

starmac
08-31-2015, 01:19 PM
First call her evry other day or so to let her know she is missed and your thinking of her. Then if you know the hotel or address shes staying at have some flowers delivered to her, just to brighten her day. SHe will like the additional attention and knowing your thinking of her.

Are you out of your mind, if I called her often, she would suspect I'm up yo no good.
FLOWERS, sure don't want her to get to expecting something like that, the next thing you know, she would expect me to remember birthdays, anniverseries,valentines day, etc.

opos
08-31-2015, 02:02 PM
Got a friend that broke up with his wife...he was so torn up over wanting her back he ripped up the Pre Nuptual agrement to convince her how much he still loved her...WRONG!!

Teddy (punchie)
08-31-2015, 02:22 PM

Yep this sound about right. Do the little things she is asking for ( Honey DO List) . Then take trip of you own later, Moose hunting ??

Rick R
08-31-2015, 02:26 PM
Half of all marriages end in divorce. The other half end in death!

I thought you had lucked out...

jumbeaux
08-31-2015, 02:31 PM
My wife went on a Church youth trip as a chaperon to Florida for 7 days about 17 years ago. I thought house to myself ! Well let me tell you I spent more time taking care of plants (inside & outside) and taking care of the pets than I could have ever imagined. Throw in cooking breakfast, fixing lunch to take to work, cooking supper, keeping the dishes washed and doing laundry...I was so happy to see her drive back up ! I never again wondered what she did all day.

jsizemore
08-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Get some new sheets and a perfume she doesn't wear. Put both on the bed. When she comes back swear up and down you didn't have a woman over while she was gone. Your only telling the truth. Then go moose hunting.

starmac
08-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Get some new sheets and a perfume she doesn't wear. Put both on the bed. When she comes back swear up and down you didn't have a woman over while she was gone. Your only telling the truth. Then go moose hunting.

Problem with that, truth or not, is my wife has her own guns, and there probably wouldn't be any future moose hunts in store for me. lol

Buck Neck It
08-31-2015, 03:06 PM
The toilet bowl starts growing hair....you will have to clean house like a madman on day 21. The house plants will need intravenous feeding to revive.

starmac
08-31-2015, 03:10 PM
The toilet bowl starts growing hair....you will have to clean house like a madman on day 21. The house plants will need intravenous feeding to revive.

I happen to know someone that takes care of that pretty reasonable. Got it covered. lol

Geezer in NH
08-31-2015, 03:40 PM
moose hunting !Yup best idea!!![smilie=w:

Geezer in NH
08-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Got a friend that broke up with his wife...he was so torn up over wanting her back he ripped up the Pre Nuptual agrement to convince her how much he still loved her...WRONG!!That man needs serious help.:shock:

rking22
08-31-2015, 06:28 PM
Moose hunting and quiet time, just be working on "the list" when she gets home and make sure you put the seat down :)

Clay M
08-31-2015, 06:37 PM
We have been married for 34 years. Our lives are so tangled up now, that there is no return.
We play music together, ride horses together, and get along well after all the years..

She is my soul mate and I would have a hard time without her.

Just keep them off of Facebook and you will probably OK.

THAT is the marriage tip that I would have for you..

osteodoc08
08-31-2015, 08:05 PM
More like divorce book. I can't tell you how many marriages I've seen have problems because of that dang social media outlet. First it was MySpace and now
FaceBook or the other social media outlets.

bayjoe
08-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Eat what you want, and scratch where it itches!

CastingFool
08-31-2015, 08:12 PM
"My wife ran off with my best friend and I sure miss him."

Seriously, she took off with your dog?

leeggen
08-31-2015, 08:43 PM
Call a couple friends over and get almost all the honey do's done then all of ya go moose hunting ( we used to call it something else) for a few days, just make sure to have extra moose meat in freezer to show her. Make sure and leave some dirty dishes so she will think you can't get by without her, and all will be fine.
Cd

PS leave some luandry in the washer and in the dryer!

Plate plinker
08-31-2015, 09:22 PM
jackpine my first wife said either those guns are going or I am. I missed her a little then bought another gun then a corvette. have not seen her in almost 40 years. now the second one does not care how many guns I have. she was with me when I bought one at a auction sat. the only thing she said was adding to my inheritance ?

SMART Woman.

starreloader
08-31-2015, 11:17 PM
starmac, do the 'Honey Do's' and then go fishing or moose hunting, stay away from the wild women... Only took me 40 years to learn and now going on 46 years she doesn't grip much anymore, life is good for me.. Of course, my hearing is also very selective now..

Freischütz
08-31-2015, 11:20 PM
After the moose hunt there will be plenty of time for honeydos.
How long have you been in AK? Get your priorities straight.

Tenbender
08-31-2015, 11:22 PM
I will PM you my number. Maybe my wife will go with yours next year ? I need a break ! :popcorn:

Bzcraig
08-31-2015, 11:42 PM

3. ENJOY!!!

This is solid AND smart!

mold maker
09-01-2015, 08:31 AM
The problem isn't always that she left, but what she left you with.

Bzcraig
09-01-2015, 11:55 PM
Obviously some of these guys have never heard the name Lorena Bobbitt!

Jtarm
09-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Time for cold pizza & hot beer.

starmac
09-03-2015, 02:24 AM
Time for cold pizza & hot beer.

Not crazy about pizza, but I can get it down, but hot beer, nooooo thanks, in fact Ilike if best almost, but not quite to the freezing stage, especially on a hot day.
I lived down not too far out of houston when I was a kid. When I was probably 12 or 13 I found a hot six pack of bud on the side of the road, were talking summertime Houston hot, only know of one place hotter, and have never been there. lol Anyway I went on down to a bridge over a creek, got under it and drank that six pack, I have never been able to drink even a semi cold beer since, and never cared for bud since either. lol

Slow Elk 45/70
09-03-2015, 04:05 AM
Trust me , do the honeydoos, first :violin:. Then go reload and or shooting. [smilie=w:YUP that young stuff is best left to young'uns.....Ask me how I am so wise :evil:

starmac
09-03-2015, 05:11 AM
Trust me , do the honeydoos, first :violin:. Then go reload and or shooting. [smilie=w:YUP that young stuff is best left to young'uns.....Ask me how I am so wise :evil:

Toooo late, one of them honeydoooooooos, was to bring in the potted plants, before it froze, toooooo late. lol My way of thinking is, and I'm good at this kind of thinking, is that is the first thing she is going to notice (ever notice how bad dead frozen flowers look) so since she isn't going to be happy, there just isn't any need to do the rest of them. lol

Hawks Feather
09-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Well, while I won't tell you want to do, I will tell you to enjoy your time alone - be that productive or not.

Clay M
09-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Toooo late, one of them honeydoooooooos, was to bring in the potted plants, before it froze, toooooo late. lol My way of thinking is, and I'm good at this kind of thinking, is that is the first thing she is going to notice (ever notice how bad dead frozen flowers look) so since she isn't going to be happy, there just isn't any need to do the rest of them. lol

Sound like faulty thinking ,but good luck..:lol:

DoubleAdobe
09-03-2015, 10:09 AM
Ha, I agree with Clay M, I think you messed up. Don't make it worse, lol.

Clay M
09-03-2015, 12:09 PM
My wife and I quit giving each other assignments early on in our marriage..
We each know what we need to do to make our marriage work.
I don't nag her and she doesn't nag me..
I think that is a key element as to how our marriage has lasted for 34 years..

DoubleAdobe
09-03-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm thinking, at least with my wife, and I have been married as long as you, there are different levels of unhappiness, lol.

Clay M
09-04-2015, 09:57 AM
The only thing I am not very happy about is I am old..All the young people call me Sir..
I guess I am over the hill, but I am still happy in my marriage..

As Lee Marvin said in the movie Death Hunt.."I am not a Sir, a Mister, or a Grandpa."

bearcove
09-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Sorry, Mine told me to stay in the RV when I came home. But off to another emergency shutdown. then the next. She don't mind the money coming.

TXGunNut
09-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Go moose hunting in your skivvies! :drinks: Or mebbe buy a rifle and try to figure out what it likes. Too bad about the plants but that gives you more time for other stuff now.

starmac
09-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Moose hunting in my skivvies, the skeeters would love me. lol

When she went outside last year, I bought 6 rifles while she was gone. lol It is easy when you don't have to sneak them in. lol

Clay M
09-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Moose hunting in my skivvies, the skeeters would love me. lol

When she went outside last year, I bought 6 rifles while she was gone. lol It is easy when you don't have to sneak them in. lol

I use to sneak them in. Sometimes it is cheaper than having to buy a new horse to make up for it..

3leggedturtle
09-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Go get some Big butts and sweet cheeks!!! Even a few King crabs would do. Close the windows and crank up the air or open the windows up and let the house air out with the stereo cranked so you can hear it out in the yard.

KCSO
09-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Did you start the thread directly after this one too?

starmac
09-07-2015, 02:11 AM
Did you start the thread directly after this one too?

Don't have a clue which thread your talking about, but it is easy enough to see who atarts a thread.

KCSO
09-07-2015, 01:51 PM
When I first saw the post the top one was wife left me and the next one was Finally! It has since been moved.

Adam10mm
09-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Going through a divorce, though I'm the instigator in my case. Not happy, not getting problems fixed, she is not the one and we were foolish to think we were meant for each other.

- Stay civil as possible.
- If you have minor children together, start paying an estimated support to her and document. This will be in your favor in court.
- File for exclusive use of the home. This will treat her as a stranger and she has no legal right to enter the property, even if her name in on the deed/title/mortgage. She enters, it's criminal trespass.
- Follow the law and if AK is a 50/50 state, obtain your legal entitlements to the fullest allowed by law.
- Do not start a relationship until the divorce is finalized. Doing so could and has gone against the man before.

From my experience currently going through this, that's my advice.

osteodoc08
09-07-2015, 03:49 PM
Best of luck Adam. I think starmac was kinda teasing though.

Your points, however, are spot on. If truly the instigator (of the relationship demise and not initiator of divorce) you need to address the issues as it will only follow you into your next relationship. People all make mistakes. It's how you deal with them that shows your true character. We've all sinned.

Adam10mm
09-07-2015, 04:00 PM
I missed the "back in 3 weeks part". Haha

I was the initiator of the divorce. The relationship demise was mutual. We never addressed problems, but procrastinated. Basically got to the point of living like room mates that happened to have kids together and I said this is enough. Let's do it before it hurts even more down the road. We are good friends, just not good husband/wife.

I'm staying single for a while and focusing on my kids and getting my life back in order. Trying to buy a house, it will need some work, but right now I don't need a relationship. I need to better myself for my kids before I go around trying to impress women. I lost my reloading business in the divorce, so I'm trying to start that from scratch all over again.

starmac
09-08-2015, 03:31 AM
When I first saw the post the top one was wife left me and the next one was Finally! It has since been moved.

Ha Ha, I see what you were talking about. lol

And no my wife IS coming back, or least I sure hope she is. lol If I locked her out, who would do the cooking.

largecaliberman
09-08-2015, 03:56 AM
How about smoking cigars!!!!!

Clay M
09-08-2015, 09:10 PM
How about smoking cigars!!!!!

Sure, you can smoke cigars, ...but it might not help your love life any..;)

could be like ..what did they call it??

Kryptonite..

How do I know this?, because I was heavily addicted to them for several years..

CLAYPOOL
09-09-2015, 02:30 AM
I SURE like buying ALL the guns I want. I knew that F.F.L. would pay off in the end. Do what I want daily. Life is very good.....