PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Big Tulsa Gunshow?

mtgrs737
04-01-2008, 04:18 PM
The big Tulsa Gunshow is this weekend, Normaly my son and I like to make a day of it and travel to Tulsa and have a look around. But THIS spring the wife has planned a 70th birthday party for her mother on the very day we like to go. So it looks like no spring show for me!!:(

I hope the rest of you guys that can get to go!:-D

:( Mtgrs737 :(

tom barthel
04-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm going sunday with my brother and his three sons. It's mostly just to see what's there. I usually get non gun items cause I got lotsa guns. About six safes worth of guns. I don't have the time or ability to get out and shoot like I once did. Still, I do all right for a stroke survivor.

sundog
04-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Sunday for me with the obligatory semiannual pilgrimage to powder valley (east end).

If you go to this'un wear good walking shoes!

mtgrs737
04-01-2008, 11:44 PM
+ 1 on the powder valley pick up. A lot of folks do that, I just drive down a couple of times per year to get my supplies. My dogs are pretty tired at the end of the day too. I like the show just to see all the things that show up, but I dislike the ultra high price of food and drink. I wish I were going. :(

Calamity Jake
04-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Not gona make it this time. Gona have too much fun helping my FIL work calves :groner:
Anybody want join me? it's a whole lots more fun than going to an 11 acre gun show [smilie=b:

hydraulic
04-02-2008, 09:07 PM
First time in 12 years I'm going to miss. My table was in 3 B on the upper floor. $200 for gas, $200 for motel and meals, $100 table rent. I can stay home and buy another M1 from the CMP.

DLCTEX
04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm in the same boat with Hydraulic, it's a 600 mile round trip. Too bad it's not the next weekend as I will be passing through there on vacation then. I would like to pick up some surp powder and see if I could find a bargain on primers. DALE

TCLouis
04-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I have heard so much about the show that I KNOW it could get expensive for me to attend So I stay in middle TN and have no shows to go to that have any amount of reloading equipment or supplies.
And very few guns of "interest".

mtgrs737
04-02-2008, 11:31 PM
My son and I attend the Tulsa show just to look around, but sometimes I do bring something home with me. I exhibt at the local shows in the Wichita KS area so it limits the look around time I have. But I am still going to have fun this weekend shooting some clay pidegons with my Inlaws.

warf73
04-02-2008, 11:39 PM
mtgrs737

What part of Kansas you from? I hit the Wichita gun show also, was at the big march show this year. I spent my money there so it's a no go for Tulsa.

I've got a big order put together for Powder Valley that I'll send in and pick up in May. I like Brian he is a great guy and his wife is sweet also. They are so much cheaper than any place in Wichita its just sad.

buckshot&brass
04-06-2008, 04:18 AM
I wish I could have went,but dang the price of gas.

NSP64
04-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Used to live in Tulsa, havn't been back since '04 (did go to show when I was there in '04)