PDA

View Full Version : Shipped lead from Old ironsights

Larry Gibson
04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Old Ironsights shipped me some lead ingots recently. There were 50 lbs (ingots) in each box. He packaged them well and they arrived (Michigan to Washington) in great shape. Photo’s attached.

Larry Gibson

Old Ironsights
04-01-2008, 06:19 PM
It worked! Thanks for the report/pics! :drinks:

Note the lack of tape. Really. No strapping tape involved, just a regular "over the seams" wrap of cheap, clear packing tape off the tape gun. Weight of the box & packing material is less than 2#.

The thing that makes it work is the cut-to-fit high-density foam material.

Like I said, I have a buttload of it (in 4'x8' sheets) and am willing to cut it down into Priority Mail Box size slabs to sell to people for use in shipping.

Larry should be able to attest that the box and foam are immediately and imminenantly reusable. And should be almost indefinately depending on how much you want to cut it up.

I'll sell a regular $9 Priority Mail box full for $15 shipped (that's $6 for me to recoup material costs, cut the stuff to size and $9 to ship.) The bigger $13 USPS box full goes for $20.

It's light stuff, so I could sell more, cut to specified dimensions and packed in different boxes to go UPS, but that will be on a "let's talk" basis.

This is a great way to ship ingots around for Swaps etc. :mrgreen:

kjg
04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
hey oldironsides anout a moth ago I recieved the shipment from you from evil bay and never told ya thank you, I just menlted the ingots down sat finaly to managable 1 lb size, took the old coleman stove a while to get that heavy castiron pot hot enough but got her gone kjg. gray ga.

Old Ironsights
04-01-2008, 10:39 PM
hey oldironsides anout a moth ago I recieved the shipment from you from evil bay and never told ya thank you, I just menlted the ingots down sat finaly to managable 1 lb size, took the old coleman stove a while to get that heavy castiron pot hot enough but got her gone kjg. gray ga.

Really? I don't remember selling any ingots on evilbay... :confused:

If you bought somthing from an Ebay seller with the handle "old ironsides" it's not me. My Ebay handle is "hpcpro"...

Oh well, I'll take the kudos anyway. :mrgreen:

armoredman
04-02-2008, 12:05 AM
How much do you sell ingots for, or was that a one timedeal? Just curious, sometime later this year I'll probably stock a few more. :) Nice setup with the foam!

Old Ironsights
04-02-2008, 12:45 AM
See, that's just the thing. I don't recall EVER selling ingots. My small Horde is too valuable to sell off and it just isn't cost effective. (this was discussed on anothe thread)

Now, OTOH, I do/will trade ingots for somthing I find valuable enough. Larry had a bunch of hard to buy European cartridges I need, so we worked out a deal. :drinks:

But now I'm down to just 500lbs of pure lead to mix with about 300lbs of ww and I'm feeling skinny... I need to scrounge up some more first. [smilie=1:

However, I just think that enough movement of lead ingots does tend to happen around here, so a good way to buffer/pack them might be somthing people want.