PDA

View Full Version : 44 Special Flattop w/ Stag Grips

Ickisrulz
08-29-2015, 03:19 PM
I just got both the revolver and the stag grips. The grips were done by Sack Peterson and feel as good as they look. I really like these flattops Ruger has been making.

GOPHER SLAYER
08-29-2015, 03:38 PM
I had one of those in .357 and one in .44 Mag which had beautiful stag grips. It was made the first year of production. Finances forced me to sell them and I have never had the chance to buy another. Your pistol is truly beautiful. I was not aware they were still being made.

Blackwater
08-29-2015, 04:39 PM
I guess I have to chime in with a "me too" on this one. I have a .357 Anniv. model and a .44 Spec, both 4 5/8", and El Paso Saddlery holsters for each. They're just the right size for me, and will take any load I really need in my neck of the woods. Just very good guns, without the extra (even if slight) weight of the larger SB frame. This, I think, makes them just a tick quicker, changes the balance slightly, and makes them just a little more compact, which is good for the trails since very little time is spent shooting, and mostly just carrying, where less bulk and wt. are appreciated. May make some grips with just a tad more length at bottom. I can always cut them off, but adding on isn't in the cards. I want some curly maple grips on my guns, but that's just a matter of taste, wants, etc.

osteodoc08
08-29-2015, 06:51 PM
I had one of those in .357 and one in .44 Mag which had beautiful stag grips. It was made the first year of production. Finances forced me to sell them and I have never had the chance to buy another. Your pistol is truly beautiful. I was not aware they were still being made.

Had the same thing happen with me and my 41Mag 4-5/8". Didn't even really have a chance to shoot it that much either. Been looking for a replacement but no luck.

Ickisrulz
08-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Had the same thing happen with me and my 41Mag 4-5/8". Didn't even really have a chance to shoot it that much either. Been looking for a replacement but no luck.

They did a run of the 41 Mag in flattops a few years ago. I bet we will be seeing it again in the next few years. People are enjoying these smaller frame revolvers. The 44 Special is now a standard catalog item, the 45 convertibles are still being stocked by Lipseys and now they are offering 357/9 mm convertibles.

osteodoc08
08-30-2015, 07:54 PM
They did a run of the 41 Mag in flattops a few years ago. I bet we will be seeing it again in the next few years. People are enjoying these smaller frame revolvers. The 44 Special is now a standard catalog item, the 45 convertibles are still being stocked by Lipseys and now they are offering 357/9 mm convertibles.

I hope so. I'd buy another if they make them.

opos
08-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Mine has Holly's on it....love the 44 special!

Ickisrulz
08-30-2015, 08:12 PM
Mine has Holly's on it....love the 44 special!

How long did it take from them to become yellowish?

nockhunter
08-30-2015, 10:02 PM
I love those stocks. I need to get something for my flat top, still runnin factory plastic.

Mike

opos
08-30-2015, 10:06 PM
How long did it take from them to become yellowish?

couple of years....slow process but looks just like true aged ivory