PDA

View Full Version : reloading looks like history

too many things
08-27-2015, 09:09 PM
was on feebay and the amount of reloading items for near nothing says it all. I would guess that people have give up because of the Mr o thing of no components. very sad but he is getting his way.

Denny303
08-27-2015, 09:16 PM
I would think that its a slow time of the year for the market. Its only my opinion as ive watched the buying and selling go up and down for awhile now.

salpal48
08-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Yes, seems to be a Buyers Market @ the Moment

osteodoc08
08-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Wish I had some $$$ to contribute to the buyers market.

Bzcraig
08-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Market correction

starmac
08-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Market correction

This, how many bought into it, just because of the Obama ammo scare. There will be lots of unused equipment and supplies in the future for some time, I'm thinking.

.45Cole
08-27-2015, 09:53 PM
This, how many bought into it, just because of the Obama ammo scare. There will be lots of unused equipment and supplies in the future for some time, I'm thinking.

Just waiting on 15 yrs from now when you can get 1000rds of .22 at a garage sale for $5. And pistol powder is available again.

MUSTANG
08-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Just waiting on 15 yrs from now when you can get 1000rds of .22 at a garage sale for $5. And pistol powder is available again.

Wishful thinking, or a "Back to the Future Episode".

Schrag4
08-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Am I missing something? All components are finally back, although you still can't be too picky about pistol powder. I agree it might be people who bought them in a panic to be self sufficient and eventually decided it's not their bag, baby.

Gofaaast
08-27-2015, 10:30 PM
This has traditionally been the time of year when the prices are soft. I do most of my buying now. Most items though are still selling higher than say 3 or 4 years ago at this time. I have not bought anything to resale yet, but there has been a few items that could be resold in November at a profit. I do see a lot of progressive setups for the panic time cartridges i.e. .223, 9mm. If we get the GOP in office, in 2 years I predict prices will be down another 20-30%.

bubba.50
08-27-2015, 10:53 PM
the hoarder/gouger's chickens are finally comin' home to roost.

scaevola
08-27-2015, 11:01 PM
I hope you're right; I'd like to load up on cheap components.

perotter
08-27-2015, 11:09 PM
Last weekend at the gun here at least 2 guys had Unique and at a normal price. One even had an #8er or it. Also, there was about every pistol powder there I've ever seen. There was 2400 there in both #1 and #8 at both of these 2 tables.

dragon813gt
08-28-2015, 05:55 AM
It's a cycle. People bought the equipment when they couldn't buy ammo. They can buy ammo again so they're unloading the equipment. They either realized reloading wasn't for them of they are extremely short sighted. Either way it makes for less people trying to buy components.

dakotashooter2
08-28-2015, 05:06 PM
So can I find a 28 ga MEC loader for $25 ?

WILCO
08-28-2015, 05:13 PM

I don't think there ever were "Hoarders and Gougers". And I sure don't think things are played out in the reloading world. Supply is catching up to demand on some issues, lacking in others.

Beef15
08-28-2015, 06:41 PM
The children that jumped into the game with high hopes of churning out cheap 9mm and 223 by the bucket full when it was hard to get/expensive have realized there's a lot of labor involved.

They'd rather pay twice as much for no work. See people discouraging others from getting in for this reason all the time.

I'm time rich and money poor, components are rebounding, if I had a few more dimes to drop it'd be like Christmas came early in my loading room.

quickdraw66
08-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Am I missing something? All components are finally back, although you still can't be too picky about pistol powder. I agree it might be people who bought them in a panic to be self sufficient and eventually decided it's not their bag, baby.

I've been having good luck with pistol powders lately. The main ones I use are Bullseye, Red Dot, and Unique, and I can usually find one of them.

joesig
08-28-2015, 10:08 PM
was on feebay and the amount of reloading items for near nothing says it all. I would guess that people have give up because of the Mr o thing of no components. very sad but he is getting his way.

I need you to shop for me. I still see crazy prices for "vintage" Lee Loaders. What steals am I missing out on?

floydboy
08-28-2015, 10:42 PM
I'm also of the opinion things are all that cheap. Supplies seems to have improved but prices haven't plummeted. About 10 years ago I was able to buy tons of stuff on ebay and resale it on ebay. I could buy a large lot of reloading stuff at one time and spend the next month parting it out. Haven't done that in years and don't see them that often anymore. The stuff I've bought locally the last few years has been at estate sales for old gentlemen who have passed away not guys wanting to get out. I think the comment about things being plentiful in 15 years when all this hoarded stuff gets resold will be interesting to see if it happens. Hope I'm around.

Floyd

trapper9260
08-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Like was said that now things are showing up more that some are finding out that it is alot of work to do what we do and over look of what is to come. I say more for us to get when we like to But like is stated if the price is down then it will make things easy on us like was said plenty of time but short of money.So these that spend all on high price how low will they go to off load it. It is like in trapping when fur is up every one go and buy traps but when the price is down they do not need the traps anymore and sell them.Just watch for sales and all and go from there.Hope for the best.I know a gun smith that have guns that show up that the people that sold them to him bought them high and think they can get close to that price only to find out they are not worth what they paid for.It become a buyers market.

Love Life
08-29-2015, 09:31 AM
The most buying occurs during tax return season. Buying goes soft around the end of May and stays pretty steady through summer. More stuff goes on sale towards end of year to pay for Christmas and taxes. There is a slight uptick in November as people get Christmas fun money. Big sell off again in January to pay off Christmas credit card spending.

That's why I usually sell my high end items from the end of February through the end of May.

WILCO
08-29-2015, 09:32 AM
That's why I usually sell my high end items from the end of February through the end of May.
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/hamburger-waving-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif
Clever. Very clever.

Love Life
08-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Things listed towards end of year are usually quite nicely priced to ensure a sale. My rule of thumb is to have a wad of money in my pocket during November, December, and January. This is when I usually acquire reloading equipment, barrels, actions, etc.

jcwit
08-29-2015, 10:41 AM
I also find one of the best times to buy is when auctions end on a big holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Eve, second best time is when there is a big game on TV.