PDA

View Full Version : 4" Redhawk

Rustyleee
08-26-2015, 10:14 AM
My wife bought be a 4" Redhawk several years ago for Christmas. It came with those rubber/plastic Houge grips. I was able to find a pair of Ruger factory wood scales that fit, but I'd like something like Micarta. Does anyone know who might make something like that?

tja6435
08-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Check out Eagle Grips or Badgercustomgrips.com. I have several Badger grips and they are awesome. I've never ordered from Eagle, but Badger is capable of making grips not catalogued on his website, just send him an email and ask if he can do what you're looking for. He made me up a set of boot grips out of Rosewood for my Speed Six, which isn't listed on his site.

osteodoc08
08-26-2015, 04:06 PM
I love my Badger Gunfighter grips on my RBH.

Rustyleee
08-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Thanks, Badger looks like a good place to start.

CHeatermk3
08-26-2015, 05:33 PM
I hafta put in a plug for my friend Craig Spegel. Craig has made custom grips for many years--About 25 yrs ago he gave me a set of presentation cocobolo grips for my S&W 629 round butt(a 2" bbl. unfluted cylinder special run).

They came off one of a pair of revolvers that S&W sent him to have custom grips fitted--the guns were to be presented to an ambassador over in europe (Germany, IIRC) and the beautiful factory presentation grips were apparently not good enuff--They wanted something EXTRA special, said Craig.

http://www.craigspegel.com/

PS-good luck w/your Redhawk--I had a 5" plain-barrel 44Mag years ago that I foolishly let go--I picked up a recently produced 4" 44mag yesterday--Ruger has definately gotten better especially the triggers.

Ordered a 4.2" bbl 45acp/45 colt ==gotta love a round butt gripframe they just fir my hand perfectly.

Deep Six
08-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Try Altamontco.com

They are the oem supplier for most current S&W and Ruger wood grips. They have smooth wood and imitation ivory for the redhawk. Cheap too!