PDA

View Full Version : Which lubrisizer should I get?

kryogen
08-23-2015, 10:31 PM
hitek doesnt work for me with my alloy, and pc just takes too much time.
i would like something fast and reliable to process 1000 bullets as fast as possible at a reasonable cost.

which lubesizer would do the job? I keep reading about the rcbs sizer finish problems, ram out of alignment, etc. Star is faster and nose down, eliminates the top punch issue.

Of course I am not a bullet making shop, and the star is much more expensive than a lyman isnt it?

so what should I buy? A lyman sizer?

tumble lube is messy and gums up dies, i dont like that.

Beagle333
08-23-2015, 10:34 PM
If you're going to do a thousand at a sitting, I'd definitely get a Star. Yes, it's a bit pricey to startup.... but the thing will spew lubed boolits for the rest of your life.... and fast.

Harles Dawson
08-23-2015, 10:37 PM
Beagle 333 has it right. Lyman is stone age compared to Star. Harles

Petrol & Powder
08-23-2015, 11:20 PM
I was going to say Lyman or RCBS right up to the point you said 1000 bullets as fast as possible. That sounds like a job for a Star to me.

waynem34
08-24-2015, 03:21 AM
+1 on a star watch S&S find a nice one from time to time.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-24-2015, 07:43 AM
I love my Lyman and the old Ideal...But you did say, "would like something fast and reliable to process 1000 bullets as fast as possible at a reasonable cost."

So I'd also recommend a Star.
Expensive, as others said, YES.
BUT you can look at it as a capital equipment expenditure and not like buying a pack of smokes or a Steak Dinner. Because with a Star, I'd be willing to bet you WILL get your money back, if and when you decide you don't want to use it anymore.

fryboy
08-24-2015, 08:24 AM
the star isnt so expensive compared to a mark V ...and you'd have those 1,000 done in about 10-15 minutes , i mean if you really want to fly ;)

http://www.ballisti-cast.com/?page_id=110

lacking the 7 grand+ the star is alot cheaper ( understatement of the day right there lolz )

tumble lubing done right doesnt gum up as bad as straight LLA tumble lubing , white label lubes now sells recluse's excellent recipe ( 45/45/10 ) also with tumble lubing less is more betta ( leaving less to gum up the dies ) keep in mind that tumbling wasnt designed to fill the groove ....

Ola
08-24-2015, 11:28 AM
I keep reading about the rcbs sizer finish problems, ram out of alignment, etc.

..and the star is much more expensive..

tumble lube is messy and gums up dies, i dont like that.
Hmm, I have been using a Saeco-Redding press for years now. There is no alignment problems or anything like that. It plain works. Of course it is no as fast as Star, but it is not as expensive either.

The only down side are the dies and nose bunches. They are expensive..

jmort
08-24-2015, 11:47 AM
I don't use lubrisizers, but I don't see anything other than a Star making sense.

OptimusPanda
08-24-2015, 12:28 PM
I have the rcbs and like it well enough but if I could do it all over again I'd get the star.