PDA

View Full Version : Todays event

country gent
08-23-2015, 05:26 PM
SHot the local BPCR Shillouette match today. This is a laid back match shot on swinging targets. 50 targets are shot for the actual match then a fun target shot with 3 rounds at the end. Chickenns are 100 yds offhand and 200 yds of the sticks. I got 3 offhand and 8 from the sticks. Pigs are 300 yds I made 7 hits on them, Tirkeys are also 300yds and there I had 6 hits. Rams are 400 yds and 7 hits there. I turned in a 31 for the match. Todays "fun" match was the buffalo at 400 yds body hit is 1 point, center gong is 5 points, and hanging gong is 10 points. ( some demented ones there). I missed tyhe first shot on the hanging gong, scorer told me just under it. He said I was done as a guy had 3 hits already. I told him I was challenged and held a little higher putting last 2 shots on top of each other in the middle of it. All in All it was a great day beautifull weather sunny warm and light breeze. good friends and people, A solid competitiveness and just all around great day. Not my highest score ever but close. Shot the CPA in 40-65 today. Load was starline cases flash holes deburred primer pockets uniformed. 56 grns 2F old ensford powder.030 napa rubber fiber wad and .002 drafting paper wad. Compressed to depth to seat a old west NASA bullet 400 grns lubed with SPG to depth. Was a great day, seen some old friends made some new and just enjoyed the day.

daniel lawecki
08-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Where was todays match held as I'm from NW Ohio. By the way good shooting

country gent
08-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Auglaize village on the west end of Defiance Ohio. There is the village / museum and back in is a 400yd range for BPCR matches some cowboy rifle matches and reenactors. Can remeber when I was in school we went and the reenactors were firing a gattling gun in 45-70 but the teachers wouldnt let us watch it being fired. Its a nice area and some of the local schools around the paulding area and there are starting to sponsor some trap shooting teams