PDA

View Full Version : Spring has arrived!

Freightman
03-31-2008, 05:21 PM
My Tarpons (painted ornate turtles) are out we might have a cool snap but when they apear the freezes are over.
More nice days at the range.

JeffinNZ
03-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh dear. If it's spring where you are it must be the down slide to winter here. [sigh].

You would be the right man to "Show me the way to Amarillo" then?

jackley
03-31-2008, 06:28 PM
It's just shy of a blizzard here. No playing outside today.

Jerry

DanWalker
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
It's 24 degrees here, with a 25mph wind, and it's snowing sideways......YUP, definately feels like spring here.

chevyiron420
03-31-2008, 07:20 PM
about 80 here, and the skeeters are eating me up!:castmine:

madcaster
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Remember April of '93 ya'll!
We had about 36 inches of snow here!

jackley
03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
It's 24 degrees here, with a 25mph wind, and it's snowing sideways......YUP, definately feels like spring here.

You must be in northern Wy. I'm by Sheridan and thats the weather out the window.
But I did see a robin today.

Jerry

DLCTEX
03-31-2008, 07:34 PM
I live 100 miles East of freightman and we have high winds and a range fire that threatened my house but a wind change has sent it away for now. The firemen did great work saving 5 homes from burning, those guys hung in there when it looked hopeless, hats off to volunteeer firemen. We saw a fire tornado about 300 yds. in dia. that sounded like a jet engine, must have been 500 ft. high or more. DALE

Freightman
03-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Well it has happned here as about 4 years ago we got 12.5" of snow on May 6, but that was a record that beat the old record by two weeks, but the good thing is on May 8th the 12.5" of snow was all gone.
Wonderful to live in Texas don't like the weather wait 15 min it will change at least in the Panhandle.
Hey Dale I am glad you didn't suffer loss, it was very windy here also but don't think we had any fires. I have never seen a forest fire as I was born and raised where you can see for 30+ miles but a range fire with a 50mph wind is a fearful thing, horses and deer can't out run it and a lot of brave firemen lost there life because there truck couldn't out run it a couple of years back.

DLCTEX
04-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry to report that a man fighting todays fire lost his life. He was a bulldozer operator and was pushing a firebreak. Others had to spray themselves and their trucks down as the fire passed over them. The fire was started by a catalytic converter on a pickup that pulled into tall grass. Earlier in the day I had helped a rancher find an electrical problem on a water well and had to walk a ways to keep from parking in tall grass. DALE

Bret4207
04-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Fire season is a ways off here. Of course we have nothing like the west has, but each year the fool element rears it's head and lets a grass fire turn into a house fie or 2.

Thoughts and prayers to the brave fire fighter who lost his life and this comrades.