PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice when a thread goes south..............

WILCO
08-22-2015, 01:23 PM
It's one of a group of "Usual Suspects" that made the course change?

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/hamburger-waving-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif

Four-Sixty
08-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Squirrel!!!

WILCO
08-22-2015, 05:01 PM
http://imghumour.com/assets/Uploads/Lets-Bump.jpg

DCP
08-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Its always the same people. Some sure don't have much in life to look forward too.

dragon813gt
08-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Imagine how bad it would be if a lot of them hadn't left already.

randyrat
08-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Can't you at least post something we can argue about.

Taylor
08-22-2015, 07:12 PM
OK Randy...flea market today...beeswax--$9 an oz!

jsizemore
08-22-2015, 07:23 PM
We in the south end up with the unwanted stuff from you know where.

LuckyDog
08-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Where's the poll?
😀

Hannibal
08-22-2015, 08:38 PM
Pole? Poll? Tax or cat?

montana_charlie
08-23-2015, 01:54 PM
While waiting for an interesting conversation to begin, you might enjoy this bit of silliness from a commenter called Moliminous.

For those of my generation who do not and cannot comprehend why Facebook exists:

I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later, and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator, and a psychiatrist

DCP
08-23-2015, 03:28 PM
While waiting for an interesting conversation to begin, you might enjoy this bit of silliness from a commenter called Moliminous.

For those of my generation who do not and cannot comprehend why Facebook exists:

I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later, and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator, and a psychiatrist

The truth shall set you free!

Walkingwolf
08-23-2015, 03:37 PM

OK, that's funny (thumbs up, and a like)

starmac
08-23-2015, 04:37 PM
From where I am, I thought all threads were south. lol

MT Gianni
08-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Ever notice the threads about good people leaving? Don't think they are unrelated.

DLCTEX
08-23-2015, 11:00 PM

OK, where is the "like" icon?

LuckyDog
08-24-2015, 07:49 AM
:drinks:

pmer
08-24-2015, 07:56 AM
Yoga videos, good or bad?

osteodoc08
08-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Negative people will always be negative. It's a mental
thing. If they're not happy, neither should someone else (be happy) and they will piss in your wheaties and naysay everything until a nerve is struck. Then they derive some twisted pleasure out of it for a brief period of time, but quickly become unhappy again......to repeat the cycle.

As as a side note, fans of Joel Osteen will be happy to hear, he has his own XM
station channel 128. Whenever I'm feeling down and need a lift me up, I'll listen to a few sermons and realize everything is gonna be ok and work out as God intended.

sparky45
08-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Best thread of the batch. Joel rocks!! ↑↑↑↑

quickdraw66
08-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Yep, I've noticed a few who tend to drag threads downhill fast.

waynem34
08-25-2015, 08:44 PM

MBTcustom
08-26-2015, 12:43 PM

I'll do you one better. I have seen a "gang" of people all take a shot at one guy that they do not like, he fires back, then the perps fall on thier butts and scream about how this mean person always drags threads down when he enters. I've seen the victim of this organized trolling receive points for retaliating.
Thats really something to see. You have to read quite a few posts to catch the perps in action, and once you do, it's aweful hard to prove to people who do not read the forums much, nor follow the perps for a while and see how they operate.
Fortunatly, the worst of these have been driven from the forum now amongst a cloud of "why are all the good guys leaving????" threads.
Thank God our current leadership is proactive about recognizing and "discouraging" this type of online bullying.

Love Life
08-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Somewhere, in the vastness of the world wide web, an echo chamber was created...again.

Harter66
08-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Slavic.

sparky45
08-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Boy, so have I.

dragon813gt
08-26-2015, 05:03 PM
Somewhere, in the vastness of the world wide web, an echo chamber was created...again.

Oh boy do I want to post the link :laugh:

perotter
08-26-2015, 05:36 PM
I've only noticed it in the casting/reloading threads that are about what brand is best or worst(take your pick). Mostly on progressive presses.

3leggedturtle
08-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Hope this don't sidetrack this post, I spend my winters in and around Biloxi. I was informed Interstate 10 separates the North from the South!! LOL

No_1
08-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Hope this don't sidetrack this post, I spend my winters in and around Biloxi. I was informed Interstate 10 separates the North from the South!! LOL

You are correct. I know because I just so happen to live a wee bit south of I-10.

dtknowles
08-26-2015, 06:16 PM

Damn, I live less than a mile north of I-10, no wonder everyone calls me a Yankee.

Tim

jeepyj
08-26-2015, 07:11 PM
I think I figured it out I live in Maine and just drove south to York, PA to post.
I think that's really how a thread goes south! But then again I've been wrong before.
jeepyj

waynem34
08-27-2015, 05:52 PM
I'll do you one better. I have seen a "gang" of people all take a shot at one guy that they do not like, he fires back, then the perps fall on thier butts and scream about how this mean person always drags threads down when he enters. I've seen the victim of this organized trolling receive points for retaliating.
Thats really something to see. You have to read quite a few posts to catch the perps in action, and once you do, it's aweful hard to prove to people who do not read the forums much, nor follow the perps for a while and see how they operate.
Fortunatly, the worst of these have been driven from the forum now amongst a cloud of "why are all the good guys leaving????" threads.
Thank God our current leadership is proactive about recognizing and "discouraging" this type of online bullying.

I know I reply with some corny jokes,I hope I'm not part of the problem.Just tell me I easy to get along with.