PDA

View Full Version : Sending My Marauder Pistol Back To Crosman :-(

DougGuy
08-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Earlier this year I bought a brand new Prod from Amazon, which I think is like buying it direct from Crosman, I was all excited and crossing my fingers hoping I had gotten a good one because the .22 caliber barrels can be quite wonky regardless if it is in a Mrod or Prod. Some are notably better than others.

Mine was doing groups in the tennis ball range for the first two fills using cpum and cphp pellets, and by the 3rd fill had shown signs of starting to get better when I noticed that now, it's leaking air. Well if that don't blow..

Meanwhile I had gotten an LDC from Travis but it wouldn't tighten onto the shroud. The threads measured .679" on the LDC but the threads on the end cap in my shroud measured .685" and it was just too loose for a decent fit.

So today I sent it back to the factory with a nice detailed letter asking them very politely to address these 3 issues, and if needed re-barrel it but pick me a decent barrel, one that they would use on their own personal prod.

We will see what I get back..

jmorris
08-20-2015, 02:52 PM
That is why I bought mine from local stores I could return directly to. Cabelas had the best deal on the .22 and was the one that needed to be returned (there is one not too far from my house) because it shot about like yours does.

Walmart had the best price on the .25 (can return online sales at any store, if you haven't seen a Walmart you must live underground) and it shoots very well. Both shipped direct from crossman.

I did contact Crossman before returning the .22 and they said send it in and they would check it out and even give me some free pellets to cover shipping. In the end I figured they could have done whatever they planned on doing before sending it to me the first go around. Also didn't like some of the reports about folks going through 3 or 4 trips back before getting one that was decent or giving up and getting a .25.

TCLouis
08-20-2015, 07:18 PM
As someone told me withh my Discovery adventure, send it back to Amazon for direct replacement, bu sounds like it is too late.

I sent the Disco to a field warranty shop and after 50 buck worth of shipping charges it was at Crosman NY facility.

Complete leak was "fixed" by field repair station, but then the breach seal leaked like a sieve, they had put breach seal in upside down. Fixed that and it started to leak down again.

Took it apart, put the breach seal in wrong as the field station had done, and sent it to Crosman NY.

They fixed it, loose gauge was the major reservoir leak and they told me the breach seal was installed upside down . . . . DUH.

Has worked perfectly ever since.

HOPE the NY repair does as well for you!

DougGuy
09-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Got my Prod back from Crosman/Benjamin yesterday, 11 days turnaround! It groups with the two tins of Benjamin BHP22 Discovery PCP pellets that they sent along with it. So far, it is holding air well without leaking, but then again the other one did too for a few months. Pretty sure this is a refurbed gun, the only place I recorded the serial number of the original was on the letter that I sent in with it so now I can't tell for sure.

The end plug measures .685" across the threads which is the same as the original which I asked them to change for one that measured .679" and I guess they skipped right over that part. WAR makes an aftermarket LDC that looks nicely made and would quieten down the Prod but they measure .679" and will not tighten down on my shroud.