PDA

View Full Version : upset with one gunshop and a shock when I called rugers cs

corey012778
08-19-2015, 05:30 PM
I am trying to sale my old ruger 96/22. 2 months ago I took 96/22 to a gunshop and see how much they where going to offer me for it. they where going to give me $300 with a missing barrel band. it broke the night before while I was braking down the gun for a good cleaning getting ready to be sold. took it to the same shop today, they dropped the price to $225. ended up taking to another shop and put it on consummate. with me having an ar project going into full gear after the first of the year and wanting stay local as possible on the parts buying. just makes me think of who my get most of money.

now for the shock when I called ruger's cs.

I have had to call high points cs before and got thru on one ring to a live person. but I was not thinking I would have that happen with ruger. larger company, so was settling in for a long wait and some button pushing to get to the right cs. man, one ring, strange tone, then a live person. I was seeing if they had the barrel band, got a "no, we no longer carry lever action parts but we have a list of companies to try". don't know if it was the time of day I called or that was my luck. A for the short wait time. would be better if they had the part.

2ndAmendmentNut
08-19-2015, 05:55 PM
I might try calling Ruger again. I wouldn't be surprised if the barrel band for a 10/22 is exactly the same.

corey012778
08-19-2015, 06:06 PM
I one on fleebay, the seller got really sick, was hospitalize and could not fulfill his actions. another took care of it for him. got it for free. it was too big but I am guessing it was for a newer 10/22. did not as them, but most likely they would not have the model year left to pull from. ordered two more hoping one of them will work.

did call an company to see if they had the part. they did not and did not know if the 10/22 band would work.

JRPVT
08-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Did you try gunparts? They often have NOS or used parts for old/ out of production models. Dave

TXGunNut
08-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Is there a chance the old part can be repaired? Depending on the alloy it could possibly be brazed or soldered to work as good as new.