PDA

View Full Version : YAY NC Steps Up And Allows CCW's At Recruitment Centers And Nat'l Guard Armories

DougGuy
08-18-2015, 06:08 PM
Aug 18, 2015

Raleigh, N.C.

Governor Pat McCrory signed House Bill 371 which will allow designated members of the National Guard to carry concealed weapons in public facilities such as recruiting centers and armories.

“We must fulfill our obligation to protect those who protect us,” Governor McCrory said. “This law will give the National Guard the tools they need to keep themselves, and the public, safe.”

The law is in response to Governor McCrory’s call for more protection for Guard personnel in the aftermath of the Chattanooga shootings in July. During that rampage, a lone gunman shot and killed four unarmed U.S. Marines and one Navy sailor during attacks on a recruiting office and a Naval Operations Support Center.

The day after the Chattanooga shooting, Governor McCrory instructed Adjutant General Gregory A. Lusk to station military police at some of the most public National Guard recruiting offices, which are located strip malls.

Under HB 371, General Lusk can now designate National Guard members, who have a concealed weapon carry permit, to carry concealed weapons while on duty in state buildings like recruiting offices and armories.

Additionally, HB 371 provides North Carolina citizens legal remedies should they be victims of a terrorist attack or harmed from someone who materially supports terrorism. The new law allows a victim to sue for perpetrators for up to three times the amount of actual damages or $50,000 whichever is greater.

http://governor.nc.gov/press-release/governor-mccrory-signs-bill-allows-armed-security-guard-recruiting-offices

jonp
08-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Glad I checked before posting this so it wasnt up twice. Some sanity out of government for a change. I heard Bev was going to do it but never got around to it haha

4719dave
08-18-2015, 09:29 PM
its about time .

Bzcraig
08-18-2015, 10:39 PM
Hopefully the start of something good for a change!

nicholst55
08-19-2015, 11:23 AM
You can bet that the Feds will never follow suit, though. Here in Arizona, I can legally carry a concealed handgun nearly anywhere in the state without a permit - right up until I reach the front gate of Yuma Proving Ground (or any other military installation). The DoD rent-a-cops sure rent-a-cops sure aren't going to protect us.

starmac
08-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Ok, now the state allows it, odd that they didn't always allow it, but will the military??

jsizemore
08-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Glad I checked before posting this so it wasnt up twice. Some sanity out of government for a change. I heard Bev was going to do it but never got around to it haha

Bev was too busy getting her latest face lift.

RP
08-22-2015, 12:51 AM
That is also my ? will the military allow them to carry ? Two bases I know of in my area which I am sure there are more do not allow you to carry at all. On the AF base in Goldsboro SJAFB if you live on base and have a firearm it has to be checked in the armory and a officer must ok it before you can get it back to go shooting or hunting. I could understand that if you were in the barracks sharing a room but in housing I do not. As far as the other base my home is close enough for my son to drive home on his down time and stay with us. He had his pistol in his truck when he went back on base and had to hide it since he forgot to check it at the gate to avoid getting into trouble. That told me for the most part they had the same policy. Funny thing is the AF base allows deer hunting and has a skeet range. So lets see if the military will allow for the men and women that volunteered to risk their life for the rest of us and protect our rights to keep and bear arms are allowed to do the same.