PDA

View Full Version : Kroil

Naphtali
08-18-2015, 03:47 AM
After soaking part in Kroil, can the used Kroil be stored in a glass jar and reused?

If Kroil can be reused, how do I identify when it is no longer reusable?

ndnchf
08-18-2015, 05:47 AM
Sure, I keep a jelly jar full on my workbench. It doesn't wear out. Maybe if it gets so dirty from crud, you might want to replace it. I buy it in a gallon can, so I have plenty on hand.

jeepyj
08-18-2015, 06:03 AM
I have a small amount in a can that I've been working out of for a while. Ironically I had to soak two different moulds to get the handle screws out a while ago. As mentioned in the previous post it doesn't seem to go bad. It seems to me that it is the best penetration oil I've ever used.
jeepyj

Dryball
08-18-2015, 06:23 AM
I use a jar/lid just for parts soaking as well. When the crud gets to be too much I just pour it through a coffee filter...good as new.

w5pv
08-18-2015, 06:55 AM
I use the Kano Microil it will lubricates better than any thing I used.When they say it will go into spaces as small as 1 millionth of an inch I tend to believe them even I have no way to measure in places where it is a metal to metal fit that is hard to see the fit line you can see where the Kano Microil sweeps out.Makes things run much smoother.

Vann
08-18-2015, 09:18 AM
While Kroll is good, a cheaper alternative is mixing acetone and transmission fluid 50/50. Out in the field I use diesel and transmission fluid 50/50. The diesel seems to work better. For rusted parts this really soaks in. Just a thought.

opos
08-18-2015, 09:53 AM
I've been restoring and rebuilding 100 year old antique engines for years...not gun related I know but rust, gunk, etc beyond belief..and have used Kroil on everything...it's the best I've ever seen...and yes...filter through a coffee filter and it's good to go ... like the energizer bunny.