PDA

View Full Version : Belt Mountain

Kulot
08-13-2015, 08:17 PM
I am having a hard time reaching Belt Mountain to make a purchase. Has anyone bought anything from them recently? If so, how did you contact them? We have emailed a little bit but I'm not 100% clear on something and would like to not just send a money order without being sure. Is there a phone number other than the one listed on their site, because they never answer, and it's also listed as their fax number. Thanks.

LUCKYDAWG13
08-13-2015, 08:32 PM
i had one installed last year my gun smith had a hard time getting me one said they went out of business

Kulot
08-13-2015, 08:34 PM
i had one installed last year my gun smith had a hard time getting my one said they went out of business
thats interesting because they have emailed me and told me to send a money order but won't reply with info about the product.

frank505
08-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Kelly is a good guy and still in business. Probably busy haying or feeding cows.

LUCKYDAWG13
08-13-2015, 09:35 PM
That's good news then i hope that they are

jrayborn
08-14-2015, 05:46 AM
Just print off the online form, fill it out and mail it in. I bet I've bought a dozen pins that way this year. Always happy.

Djones
08-14-2015, 08:13 AM
I bought a no.5 blue locking base pin about two months ago. I faxed in my completed order form. I had trouble finding a 8-36 screw locally to grind to a point so Kelye sent me one no charge. It took him a week or so sometimes to respond.

I wouldn't hesitate placing another order. My only reason/problem is, I don't have any more Rugers to fit with a locking basepin!

RobS
08-14-2015, 08:28 AM
About a month ago I emailed him about a pin for a ruger flat top new model and he responded back. IIRC he responded back in two or three days.

doc1876
08-14-2015, 09:04 AM
he don't communicate very "pc" as the internet does not seem to be his thing, and neither is the phone. I sent in an order about 8 months ago, accompanied by an email which he eventually did answer, included the money, and about three weeks later I had a package at the door.
I hear he is busy on the farm, a regular job, and the business.
I will tell you that the Keith style pin is really great in my Ruger Bisley.

Kulot
08-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all of the reassurance, everyone. He finally replied, and he received my fax. I guess I've gotten used to instant gratification here on the interwebs.

sixshot
08-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Kelye is a great guy but runs a small shop & doesn't answer the phone because he's always working. He'll get back to you or send your order. Very good to work with! And like most Montana boys he sneaks off & hunts once in a while. Missed him this year at Raton.

Dick

contender1
08-14-2015, 09:34 PM
I agree with all the folks above. I'd not hesitate to order any more pins from him at any time. He's "one of us" & a good guy! Order with confidence.
(Yes,,, the internet has fueled the fires of instant communication for many folks. In my business, I tell people when I call them that if they call & don't get me,,, it's because I'm either talking to another customer, or I'm on a job. And whomever I'm dealing with deserves 100% of my attention. That's what they pay for, me working for them. When I explain this,,, they ALL have said they appreciate it. And,,, I don't text either, and when I tell folks this,,, many seem a bit confused,,, but totally understand when I say my fingers are too big & can't type on tiny keyboards. Plus,,, I'd misspell so much that the message would be wrong a lot.
So, relax & realize a guy can't work and answer the phone at the same time!)

Kulot
08-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I've since mellowed out. I'm glad there are enough folks out there to support him. I am no longer concerned.