PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure if I have a problem or not . . .

LET-CA
08-13-2015, 06:14 PM
I really enjoy it when the grandchildren visit but my youngest, Anderson who is just 22 months old:?, has me a bit worried. He likes to shoot my guns while I'm at the office and thinks I won't notice because he reloads the spent brass before I get home. I was a few minutes early today and caught him working on some 357 magnums with semi-wadcutters. . .

lobowolf761
08-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Startem young and trainem right.

Taylor
08-13-2015, 06:55 PM
146587 my granddaughter,she was about 2 then..I think.

lobowolf761
08-13-2015, 07:24 PM
My step grandkids always wanted pawpaw to teach them how to shoot then clean the guns but their liberal minded parental units and Nana had other thoughts on the subject. I say you guys keep it up with those younguns and they will have many precious memories of the time they spend with you for many years to come.

Teddy (punchie)
08-13-2015, 10:11 PM
LOL just make sure they wash. I have my wash three times.

Harter66
08-13-2015, 10:27 PM
My kids and grands are coming along nicely I even converted a city boy to a hunter . Libs oh how I love (loathe) my oldest DIL smart but no sense at all .....

Start them when you can sneak it in every chance you get !

runfiverun
08-14-2015, 12:05 AM
well he is a BYU cougars fan.
that would splain a few things about his gun obsession.

Motor
08-14-2015, 10:23 AM
I have no complaints. My oldest son who is a freshman in college hunts, shoots and even reloads his own ammo sometimes. His first official rifle purchase when he turned 18 was a CMP M1 Garand.

His younger brother is more into Xbox than hunting but is captain of his high school rifle teem. He doesn't go to the range with us every time we go but when he does he very often out shoots us. LOL

Motor

dondiego
08-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Wow! They still have rifle teams in high school in WV? Excellent! I thought that those disappeared in the 60's. I used to shoot in the gym in a small town in Minnesota in the 60's.

jeepyj
08-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Keep up the good work! Maybe someday you'll be shooting her reloads.
jeepyj

Motor
08-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Wow! They still have rifle teams in high school in WV? Excellent! I thought that those disappeared in the 60's. I used to shoot in the gym in a small town in Minnesota in the 60's.

Yes. They use air rifles. It's Jr ROTC. Rifle teem participation is also how my oldest son qualified for the Garand purchase through the CMP.

Motor

gwpercle
08-14-2015, 01:32 PM
You don't have no problem ! Good reloading buddies don't grow on tree's....
Great post, brought back a lot of memories of my little ones "helping" in the reloading room.
Gary

sghart3578
08-14-2015, 02:08 PM
I realized how handy a young pair of eyes can be to have around.

My 7 year old grandson was leaning on my reloading table watching me and talking about stuff. The ram on my press got stuck in mid stroke and as I looked around for my reading glasses he says "Papa, there's a primer stuck in there".

Awesome

blikseme300
08-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Somewhere a group of liberals are frothing at the mouth on how these poor kids are being brain washed and being turned into future mass-murderers.

303Guy
08-14-2015, 05:30 PM
Precious moments to be cherished forever!

My eldest son fire his first shots when he was four. It was only a 22lr revolver but even so, he shot it! He held it with two hands and I held my hand real close as backup. He shot my scoped mini 14 at six years old and hit his target! He must have been around eight when I let him shoot my 12ga. He wasn't big at all but he was rather strong. Sadly, that interest faded.

blikseme300
08-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Precious moments to be cherished forever!

My eldest son fire his first shots when he was four. It was only a 22lr revolver but even so, he shot it! He held it with two hands and I held my hand real close as backup. He shot my scoped mini 14 at six years old and hit his target! He must have been around eight when I let him shoot my 12ga. He wasn't big at all but he was rather strong. Sadly, that interest faded.

Precious moments indeed.

Not having kids of my own I help others kids whenever opportunity presents itself. A few years ago I noticed a pair of twin boys watching their older siblings/relatives shooting at the range and when I asked why they don't let the boys try I was told they could not handle the recoil from a 9mm. I asked the boys if they wanted to try my "Dirty Harry" M29 and assured them the recoil was light because the gun is heavy. They accepted and were all smiles after. Then I offered it to one of the relatives to shoot and the offer was accepted. What they and their relatives did not know was that I had loaded it with quite anemic 44SPL for the twins but loaded full-house for the relative. The laughter and smiles all around was a pleasure to experience.

This past whitewing season I had the pleasure of helping these boys getting started in hunting and they both will be joining me on opening weekend this September. Sunflower stands are good and much doves are around already. Can't wait!

Jal5
08-15-2015, 09:11 PM
When the kids visit some of them want to help Papa "make bullets" so down to the reloading area we go and they are off at the press taking turns depriming 9mm or whatever I happen to have an abundance of! It is a great time! The 4 y.o. Tommy wanted to "really make some" this summer while he and his parents were visiting so each evening we did another step in the process. He was so excited to to take one home, without primer and powder and show it off to folks. Oh yeah and wash up good afterwards. Joe