PDA

View Full Version : decent trade

badge176
08-13-2015, 11:37 AM
While at my local Fishing shop I noticed a pail near the back room door with some Solder bars protruding. Learned from the "old guy" that the pail had come in as trade against a bunch of Jig "lead heads" that his son casts/ sells out of the shop. Short conversation with said son resulted in straight 1:1 trade by weight (11 pounds!) of the 50:50 solder bars for my clean recovered range lead ingots...:smile:

Ihsarah
08-13-2015, 11:50 AM
These fishermen just don't understand the value of their lead, it's much better in your hands.

badge176
08-13-2015, 02:06 PM
One bar was Very shiny silver and 'crackled' as I bent it... '100% tin'?!

Ihsarah
08-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Hmm it's definitely possible, I know when I pour tin into ingot form when it's a little too hot it crystallizes and can get that crackly nature.

lightman
08-14-2015, 02:20 PM
That was a good trade. It pays a fellow to keep his eyes open.

RogerDat
08-14-2015, 05:23 PM
The keen eyed hunter rounds the corner and spots his natural prey...... casting alloys! Putting on his most charming smile he prepares to pounce on the unsuspecting tin alloy. A brief conversation later the circle of life is in harmony as he leaves with his bucket of tin.

Good score and we all know it will be put to better use in your hands.

Fishman
08-14-2015, 08:40 PM
The keen eyed hunter rounds the corner and spots his natural prey...... casting alloys! Putting on his most charming smile he prepares to pounce on the unsuspecting tin alloy. A brief conversation later the circle of life is in harmony as he leaves with his bucket of tin.

Good score and we all know it will be put to better use in your hands.

Such poetry! Almost brings a tear to my eye. Almost.

Frank46
08-14-2015, 11:47 PM
used to mine the dump where I worked. Splicers would always dump all the lead and solder bars out there. Lead went for sinkers and the solder for bullets. Frank