PDA

View Full Version : Gun Stores Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo MI Area

gsdelong
08-13-2015, 08:52 AM
I will be in the area for a few days and would be interested in any stores that have reloading supplies that would be worth visiting.

I already have On Target and Schantz's on the list.

gsdelong

jcwit
08-13-2015, 10:15 AM
D&R Sporting Goods on west of On Target maybe a mile, same side of the road, not as much as On Target but a good store to go to. I always stop at both when I'm in the zoo.

If perchance you're interested, they are having an Air Gun show at the Kalamazoo Fairgrounds this Sunday 8/16/2015. Never been but I plan to go.

gsdelong
08-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the input I will not be going this weekend. I will be going straight up 31 is there any don't miss stores in the South Bend area?

BBA
08-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Bob's Gun and Tackle, southeast of Grand Rapids, in Hastings is another. It is west of Hastings near M37 & M43. Also, Bullits and Barrels just east of Richland on M89...Northeast of Kalamazoo

Pipefitter
08-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Don't bother with J&R in Muskegon. Website has pages and pages of stuff, but I have more guns in my safe than they have in stock. No reloading supplies, and maybe 25 boxes of ammo on the shelf there.

However, Shoreline Shooters Supply had powder and such in stock when I was in Muskegon this last Feb.

Plate plinker
08-13-2015, 06:58 PM
If you want to see a BIG GUN store stop at Midwest gun exchange on grape road in Mishawaka I think they claim to be the largest gun shop in Indiana. It's not a small personnel shop anymore but fun to go in and look at bunches o guns.

jcwit
08-13-2015, 10:05 PM
If you want to see a BIG GUN store stop at Midwest gun exchange on grape road in Mishawaka I think they claim to be the largest gun shop in Indiana. It's not a small personnel shop anymore but fun to go in and look at bunches o guns.

Well, that is debatable. But it is larger than many Ma & Pa stores.

If you have time, check out ZX Guns in Goshen, doubt you can beat the pricing.

gsdelong
08-14-2015, 05:12 AM
Thank you all for your input. I am sure the wife will appreciate it

gsdelong
09-22-2015, 09:52 AM
I just put up a new thread about a different area so I thought I would report back on this one.

Schantz's was the best on the list for me as I was able to buy 5Lbs of blue dot for about $80.00

A lot of powder and components at this store. There was a requirement to buy at least $100 of components to buy some kegs of powder. I had lunch at the old mill brew pub nearby and it was good.

D&R Sporting Goods was ok nice shop and if I was looking for a specific gun I would have enjoyed it more. They did not have any components to speak of.

On Target - over whelming reminded me of my Grandfathers basement when I was a kid. I literal mountain of guns. If you are looking for something specific this would be a great place to go. Had components but seemed to be high priced for me. Not a place you can thoroughly explore with your wife waiting out in the car.

Thanks for everyone's input

leadman
09-22-2015, 11:54 AM
We may be going back to GR soon and will hit the gun shops then. I used to know them all but right now all I can think of is Rylee's Ace Hardware. Has sporting goods in the basement. At least they were still there about 5 years ago. Used to frequent Kent Block also.
Bob's was a favorite of mine back in the late 70s early 80s. Bought a few guns from then .
Just remembered Al & Bob's Sporting Goods on Division Ave.
Doesn't seem like I have been gone from there over half of my life.