PDA

View Full Version : Are these copper jackets any good?

fatelk
08-12-2015, 01:14 AM
I have some old copper jackets that were in with some other stuff I bought several years ago. I'll never use them myself and thought I'd find someone else who could, but I don't know if they're even any good.

There are two sizes; what I assume are for .38 that measure .352", and some for .44 that measure .426". Is it normal for them to be undersized or were they made wrong? Also, some of the larger size are not real square on top.

I apologize if this isn't the place to post this. I'm not really a swager, just wanted to pass these on to someone else for whatever they're worth (if anything), but didn't want to put them on swapping and selling because I don't have a clue. There are 167 of the smaller ones and 309 of the larger ones. A few of the .426" size look like rejects to me, maybe a dozen at most. Any ideas?

BT Sniper
08-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Yep! Good to go. Undersized is the correct size for swaging jackets.

BT

Sasquatch-1
08-12-2015, 05:49 AM
What do you want for them?

fatelk
08-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Whatever's fair to someone that can use them. I have no idea what they're worth or who made them. What's a ballpark reasonable price? I'll sell them for a little less than that. :)

Sorry, not trying to make an auction in the wrong forum here, just trying to pass along a good deal to someone who can use these. I've always thought it would be fun to take up swaging but I've come to realize that I just don't have the time at this point in life. I do visit this part of the forum from time to time and admire the cool stuff you guys make.

odies dad
08-15-2015, 01:52 PM
No they are completely useless.
Please send them to me for proper disposal.
Thanks

fatelk
08-17-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm still getting together some more stuff to post in swapping and selling, and will put these in the same ad. I plan on consolidating 4 or 5 things together in the same thread, so as not to run afoul of the new S&S rules. I was thinking something like $20 for these jackets. Is that ballpark reasonable? Too much? That's well under a nickel apiece, plus shipping.

I understand commercial jackets are more than that, but I have no idea who made these or how old they are, and I do see a small number of rejects in the larger size. Whatever is a good value to someone that can use them is what I'll gladly sell them for.