PDA

View Full Version : Crossno .22 liner and Rolling Blocks ...

rfd
08-11-2015, 02:28 PM
... will the Crossno fit a roller without having to take the action apart?

Don McDowell
08-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Might have to take the block out, but that's no biggy. The nice part about that Crossno in a roller is you can use your finger nail to flip the fired case out, and closing the block will cam the loaded round in. Those liners have a pretty tight match chamber.

leadman
08-11-2015, 03:20 PM
I think you might hit the hammer when inserting it but have not tried one or know of anybody who has. Give Shiloh Sharps a call as you are probably not the first to ask this question.
Might contact T.J.'s (859-635-5560) and ask if he makes something similar.

rfd
08-11-2015, 03:26 PM
yep, spoke with BACO, what i figured, gotta pull out the hammer to insert the liner. like don sez, no big deal - rollers are too easy to field strip. time to order one ....

Don McDowell
08-11-2015, 10:26 PM
My shooting pardner has been using a Crossno in his Lone Star roller for a couple of years.

rfd
08-12-2015, 05:13 AM
got one on the way for the new roller i'm picking up this afternoon. life's still good ... so far.

Don McDowell
08-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Those have match chambers in them, feed it good ammunition and they are very competitive in the 22 games.

rfd
08-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Those have match chambers in them, feed it good ammunition and they are very competitive in the 22 games.

i've heard that about the crossno liners. will do so, sir!

kokomokid
08-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Ask Crossno what lube he recomends for the liners now. I have been using vasoline but it will soften the rubber after awhile. Set the extractor notch at 12:00 each time you put it in and sight settings are somewhat repeatable.

Don McDowell
08-12-2015, 03:41 PM
I've used the white lithium grease with good results. My shooting buddy is a GM mechanic, and he used the slickum they use on electric window joints and slides, stuff is really slick and doesn't seem to degrade over time.
A lot of folks have also been using a "false muzzle" for lack of a better term, they take a tube of some sort that will fit down the bore from the muzzle of the rifle and fit over the muzzle of the liner, to keep the crud from the 22 ammo from building in the big rifles bore.

rfd
08-12-2015, 05:35 PM
from dave ....

I recommend Super Lube Teflon grease. This stuff is easily available on e-bay. Get a 4 oz. tube for about 7 bucks , and it will last you for years. We have discovered e-bay as the best source. I use it in the gun and on the gun. We now ship a small amount with the liners.......however it is not in the last order to B.A.

Thanks Dave