PDA

View Full Version : I need a quick education on recent Lugers....

Harry O
03-30-2008, 12:15 PM
The gunshop got a collection on consignment. They had a stainless steel Luger at a reasonable price. Used, but in excellent condition. It says Stoger on the side. I seem to remember a stainless steel Luger that was made a few years ago that had a reputation as being a jam-o-matic. However, I seem to remember it was made in the US (Mitchell rings a bell). I asked if I could shoot a box of shells through it before buying (I would buy the shells from them and shoot it in their own range in the building). If it jammed, no deal. If it didn't jam, I would buy it. They said since it was a consignment, no.

Did Stoger import some stainless steel ones? Were they well made (Mauser or someone equal), or am I totally confused.

There were also a bunch of .455 revolvers there. A couple of Webley revolvers at $450 and $600. A Colt that someone tried to nickel plate and did a bad job for $950 and a well used Colt for $1,100. These did not particularly interest me. Also a few misc. other oddballs.

Harry O
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
PS. It is a 9mm one, not one of the .22LR look-alikes.

runfiverun
03-30-2008, 04:18 PM
man i just threw away a bunch of olg gun mags and the stoeger was in one of them
i remember the pistol got good reviews, but iremember the author sying
something about some load development in it.
if you would have asked a week ago i would have re read the article instead of just skimming it as i was supposed to be cleaning up not reading all my old mags, which i kinda was
till the wife caught me