PDA

View Full Version : FOUND: one Lee Pro 1000

HeavyMetal
08-11-2015, 01:57 AM
Good evening all:

This week end I was in my favorite supply house seeing what new and neat junk he had thrown out on the floor!

Lo and Behold a table full of Lee Stuff: lots of 3 hole turrets and what looked like a pro 1000 and a Load Master, both partially stripped.

No interest in the Load Master but planning on getting a 40 S&W pistol soon so I picked up the Pro 1000 and asked how much: answer was 5 Bucks!

The Lee now sits on my floor!

Looks like I need to spend about $75 to get it up and running as a 40, I have dies.

Parts order tomorrow at Titan and I'll post my thoughts on this press when I get it up and running, As I have two Dillons now this press has to be real cool to impress me, we'll see!

HM

fryboy
08-11-2015, 02:21 AM
after a dillon it'd possibly take a nice ponsness-warren or a nifty hollywood to impress you ...

myself i like the pro-1000 , quite true a 4 station turret would be nice but ...for the price of a new one they're pretty hard to beat
cons ..
spent primer handling ... there's been at least 3 variations of rams i have seen , some work better for others ermm i mean we all have our fav lolz , a small plastic funnel cut to fit under the base ( i think some one just came out with a pre-made but cant recall who or where at the moment ) to direct the spent primers out the bottom of the bench works well for me ( you can put a hose on the funnel tip if you like )
the base is another con , but they do work and will last a lot longer if you religiously keep it lubed and clean
pros ... powder hoppers empty too fast ( oh wait that could be a con but you've suddenly made a whole bunch of ammo lolz )
the loadmaster video site has some stuff on this press as well and worthy of a read

kbstenberg
08-11-2015, 08:15 AM
At that price I would have bought the hole works. And resold what I didn't want or need.

44Vaquero
08-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Check out Cowboy T's San Francisco Liberal with a gun videos on you tube they are about the best on the subject of Pro-1000's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzaPXj4g8D0

kywoodwrkr
08-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Where might updating and/or upgrading information on a Pro 1000 be found.
I was given a new one(45 ACP) in box, invoice stated a 2005/6 sales date I believe.
I know the handle was changed, but what else was enhanced?
Links to useful data would be appreciated.
Has anyone contacted Lee concerning issues such as this upgrade/update with positive response(s)?
Thanks.

44Vaquero
08-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Kywooderkr, The only changes since 05/06 have been the handle. Personally, I prefer the older style (Orig) Aluminum cast. The new and improved roller handle was a concession to cost cutting bean counters.

If you wanted to it is possible to upgrade? To the new handle and toggle: http://leeprecision.com/roller-handle-upgrade-kit.html $32.00 +s&h

Pee Wee
08-27-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm sure that if you call lee and see what upgrades have been done, they usually will send and or replace parts with a photo and explanation.
I have had a lee loadmaster for 3 years and anytime anything breaks they have replaced it for free.

Moonie
08-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Kywooderkr, The only changes since 05/06 have been the handle. Personally, I prefer the older style (Orig) Aluminum cast. The new and improved roller handle was a concession to cost cutting bean counters.

If you wanted to it is possible to upgrade? To the new handle and toggle: http://leeprecision.com/roller-handle-upgrade-kit.html $32.00 +s&h

I upgraded my Pro1000 to the roller handle, I MUCH prefer the roller, less blisters in the palm of the hand trying to get ready for a weekend of shooting with my sons... Hard to shoot heavy recoiling handguns when the palm of your hand hurts before you even start.

HeavyMetal
08-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Since my first post I've upgraded my Pro 1000 with several items, Bought the roller handle conversion at the last gun show for $30 what a great improvement!

Then broke my drive bolt because I was to stupid to read all the instructions, ( righty tighty lefty loosy right?) Apparently not: it has a left hand thread!

Shouldn't have put a 20 inch cheater bar on the allen wrench!

So I bought a few more things from Titan including a complete shell carrier for the 44 mag.

Got 140 in this thing and haven't made a single shell, LOL!

Hope to get time this week end to finish my adapters for my MEC quick change holder, I'll keep every one up dated if that ever happens.

HM