PDA

View Full Version : Req some 50 Beowulf compatible molds

ryokox3
08-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Hi all, Going to cast for the Beowulf and would like to know what has worked for all of you. Anyone actually use any of the lee molds with success (Both accuracy and function in the AR). Saw too many threads with an I'll try this and report back; but with no report. Most of the mold posts I found are years old. The reason I mention the lee is that I do not think I will cast as much for the wulf as I would most other calibers, making a cheaper 2 cav look even nicer.

rockrat
08-10-2015, 11:55 AM
The Lee works just fine in my Beowulf. IIRC, about 1.5"-1.75" @100yds

ryokox3
08-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Is that the C501-440-RF 500 S&W Magnum ? I heard some have tried the muzzle loader boolits.

ryokox3
08-10-2015, 12:56 PM
The more I think about it, it must be that one. Thank you for that report on it. I'll be ordering one today. -Ry

Lloyd Smale
08-11-2015, 06:37 AM
ive got the lee and a couple group buy molds from on here. Ive tried them all in my beo but the best its done with any cast bullet is about 3 inch at a 100 yards and it shoots the renieer plated hp into about an inch and the flat point into less then an inch and there cheap enough that I bought a couple thousand and that should keep me going for a while as I don't shoot it like I do other ars. Another thing with the cast is you about have to do a thorough cleaning after every time you shoot it because there so much dirtier. By the way those reineers are wicked on deer and pigs.

ryokox3
08-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Could you or anyone please let me know your load data for the C501-440-RF. All I can find is data for reloader 7 which is not available around here right now. Hoping there is some starting loads for lil gun or h110 for that boolit.

Of course I know I need to verify the accuracy and safety of any load myself and hold no one responsible but myself if a load is not compatible in my gun.