PDA

View Full Version : Sav 110 mag change out

nekshot
08-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Would someone with the know how please explain to me how to swap magazine housings with out breaking off the little lips on the housing?? I am thinking of welding ears on housing and drill and tap into receiver. I am swapping out a magnum housing for a standard for those who must know.

LAGS
08-09-2015, 04:01 PM
I took the Mag box off my 110 by just pushing it I think to the front and used a small screwdriver to Spring the back of the box far enough forward to get it out of the little slot in the receiver.
I took the one off when I converted the rifle to a Single Shot when a friend owned it.
I put the mag box back on when I bought the rifle off him and inletted the Model 11 Single shot Short Action stock to accept a magazine.
Yes, I installed a 110 Long action, on a stock made for a short action, by reinletting it and installing a Pillar for the front screw.

nekshot
08-09-2015, 05:15 PM
yup thats what I was doing but the mag started bending after a couple of swaps.

LAGS
08-09-2015, 09:53 PM
What do you mean , A couple of Swaps?
Are you taking it off and putting it back on for some reason ?
I thought you were just removing it to replace it with a Magnum Magazine ?
If you have to change it out to swap calibers, then by all means, modify both magazine boxes to a more Easily detachable system , like leave the front tab alone.
Grind off the rear tab and then solder a NEW tab on the magazine boxes, that can be attached to the bottom of the receiver with a screw.

nekshot
08-09-2015, 10:32 PM
3 bolt heads and barrels for each, the gun has a personality problem. It never gets used to one caliber for long because I get bored quicker than I used to.

LAGS
08-09-2015, 10:39 PM
I still have the 110 in 300 Win Mag.
But I sold my Model 10 sniper because I was going to do the exact same thing, but a bunch of barrels and be changing them all the time.
I hope my input helped.

LAGS
08-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Are you sure your rifle is a Savage ?
It sounds more like a " Jenner "

nekshot
08-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Its a full blooded savage 111 in left hand. Came with that ugly birch chunky stock. Sat for years in the corner as I was to ashamed to be seen in public with anything that ugly. Then I got the urge to restock it and now I love it. Has the scope mounts on from factory with no screw holes and I heard they were glued on at factory with some wild adhesive. The trigger adjusted to what I like for hunting and I am happy.