PDA

View Full Version : Added a new target pistol

JeffG
08-08-2015, 10:59 PM
I had a hankering for a buckmark so grabbed one at the gun show and ordered the optics mount and added the TruGlo 30mm red/green dot. Got it sighted in this evening. They are both very nice to shot and tack drivers. Love them. Wondering if I need a Beretta U22 or Ruger Mark III now?

RG1911
08-10-2015, 01:35 PM
I have the Ruger Mk II that I bought used, and am very happy with it. The MkIII has a magazine disconnect (that I believe can be removed) and a plastic loaded chamber indicator. I did, however, get to put quite a few rounds through one recently and thought it handled well and was accurate.

So if a used one came available in my area, I'd be very tempted to get it.

Richard

williamwaco
08-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I have a Buckmark. I really love it.

It will shoot sub half inch at 25 yards with any ammo I have ever feed it.

(4x scope)

35remington
08-10-2015, 07:11 PM
The 30mm red dots seem humongous and klunky ever since I went to the Burris Fastfire type red dot. Much much smaller and the pistol is still handy and holsterable.

JeffG
08-10-2015, 09:46 PM
You are right about that. I was also looking at a different style from TruGlo that would likely have looked better. The price was right on it though. I may change at a point. Thanks.

The 30mm red dots seem humongous and klunky ever since I went to the Burris Fastfire type red dot. Much much smaller and the pistol is still handy and holsterable.

3leggedturtle
08-11-2015, 01:28 PM
I had a hard time deciding between the Buckmark and Ruger 22/45. Went with Ruger cause it was $80 cheaper and had 2 clips. I out an Aimpoint 9000L on it, and it is fun as all get out, but the Reddot really shows how unsteady your pistol can be while pulling squeezing the trigger. A GF has a Buckmark and is a really great pistol too. I especially like the fact that 1 bolt and the barrel comes off iff you wish to add shorter and longer barrels. Have fun. Todd/3leg

JeffG
08-14-2015, 03:16 PM
You know, I had a hankering for the 22/45, right up till I felt one in my hand then decided I didn't like the way the grip felt. I think it was the thinness, but I do like the way they 'look' a lot. Funny how that it is. Got a close friend with a blued Mark II I believe it is and that is a nice piece.

Reminds me of lusting after a BMW K1000R back around 1999, right up till I had opportunity to test drive one at Sturgis, and HATED it after that. It had no soul at all. Ended up buying A Triumph Speed Triple.

I had a hard time deciding between the Buckmark and Ruger 22/45. Went with Ruger cause it was $80 cheaper and had 2 clips. I out an Aimpoint 9000L on it, and it is fun as all get out, but the Reddot really shows how unsteady your pistol can be while pulling squeezing the trigger. A GF has a Buckmark and is a really great pistol too. I especially like the fact that 1 bolt and the barrel comes off iff you wish to add shorter and longer barrels. Have fun. Todd/3leg

dilly
08-14-2015, 04:01 PM
I always thought that Beretta U22 Neos was about the ugliest gun there is, but my friend has one and it shoots quite well. If I recall, the trigger wasn't quite as good as my Ruger 22/45 but it was much more reliable.

Had a lot of trouble with my 22/45 until I took the loaded chamber indicator completely out.

GhostHawk
08-14-2015, 04:31 PM
I bought the Ruger 22/45 in stainless, bull barrel a year ago. Breaking it in was the only thing I shot .22lr in. My wife and I both like it. No problem keeping the whole mag in a 2" bullseye if you concentrate and take your time. Fun gun and really not hard to reassemble if you can follow a few simple directions.

SeabeeMan
08-14-2015, 10:44 PM
I love my 22/45 with a sightmark mini red dot. My only complaint that I got an older on and I can't change the grips.

jmorris
08-15-2015, 12:13 AM
I have a 5.5" mark II with a 1.5x scope on it that will put 10 shots into 3.5" at 100 yds. Not as good as an XP-100 or good contender but impressed me for a .22 semiauto.

JeffG
08-15-2015, 12:28 AM
I'm hoping to shoot mine 50 and 100 yards Sunday. I want to get a comparison between the S&W and Browning. There are 5 moa red dots on both, just different brands.

I have a 5.5" mark II with a 1.5x scope on it that will put 10 shots into 3.5" at 100 yds. Not as good as an XP-100 or good contender but impressed me for a .22 semiauto.