PDA

View Full Version : Indy 1500 gun show info needed

mm1ut1
08-08-2015, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking about going to the Indy 1500 gun show on August 29th. I plan on leaving home around 0200, getting there near opening time, and departing in the late afternoon. My main reason for going to the show is to walk around with a prototype black powder carbine and get feedback from prospective customers (also to pick up a few molds !). First question is do they allow you to carry in firearms at the show ? Second can an out of state person buy a long gun there from a dealer ? I'm not familiar with Indiana firearms laws. Hate to make a five hour drive and be turned back at the door ! Lastly does the firearm need to be cased from the parking lot to the show ? TIA !

Hickory
08-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Indiana Supreme court ruled 10-12 years ago that if a long gun has a pistol grip on it, it is a handgun.
Just so you know, you need a permit to have a handgun in Indiana. This is the only area of contention that I know of.

cavemike
08-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Yes they do allow firearms at the show.(It is a gun show after all) You just have to show that it is unloaded to the cops at the table just inside the entrance. They will zip tie the action, and your good to go.

I believe that Indiana passed a law a few years ago that you do not have to be from an adjoining state to purchase a long gun.

No, you will see more firearms on the way in than you would believe. Most will have a sign stuck in the barrel stating the asking price. Just keep it slung or shouldered and you will be good.

By the way, Indiana honors Wisconsin's handgun permit. Here you don't have to carry concealed, Indiana law makes no mention of method of carry, open or concealed is OK.

As far as picking up some moulds goes it will be catch as can. There are a couple of vendors who carry Lee moulds. You may find someone selling some used ones, but I would not count on it.

If you want you can PM me with any more questions. By the way I live 2 blocks west of the Fairgrounds.

Big Rack
08-09-2015, 12:11 PM
For an opinion on a muzzleloader you might try Friendsjp in September. I think are some muzzleloading activities at Noblesville In. north of Indy. Google Conner Prairie.

jlm223
08-09-2015, 02:06 PM
I have been to Friendship, it's a good time, that would be the place to take your muzzleloader!

mm1ut1
08-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Thanks all for the info !