PDA

View Full Version : CH shell holder info

rikkit
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I have a Hollywood turret head press and was wondering if anyone might know the correct shell holder number for loading 44 mag. There are several of these holders on ebay, but I don't know which one would be correct for this operation. The seller doesn't have this info. either. Thanks in advance

Ross
10-09-2005, 01:08 AM
The C&H number is 8. I believe the Hollywood holders were marked for the specific calibers. I do not know of a chart that has any current Hollywood numbers, if they exist
It is sad that the current Handloaders Digest editor saw fit to eliminate the shellholder cross-reference chart. The missing two pages are sorely missed.
I suppose he was waiting for each maker to provide him with the information.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

floodgate
10-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Ross:

"It is sad that the current Handloaders Digest editor saw fit to eliminate the shellholder cross-reference chart. The missing two pages are sorely missed.
I suppose he was waiting for each maker to provide him with the information."

The latest "Handloader's Digest", 18th Edition (2003) does have 16 pages (pp. 215 - 230) of shellholders; BUT only for RCBS and Lee! This issue is badly edited, and not otherwise worth getting, unless you find a cheap, used one.

floodgate

rikkit
10-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Gentlemen once again the forum members came through with much needed info.
thanks for your help

Ross
10-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Well, maybe more.
Digging in my midden heap, I find a redundant C&H #8 shellholder.
It does fit the Krag and .44 Special I had at hand, and is a good fit into the Hollywood turret.
The condition is not too bad for an old thing and the plating seems intact. The locknut seem to have a dull cadmium plating though.
PM me your snail-mail address and I ship it off to you for approval and offer, or trade me a GO-WAD lubricator size bushing or a P&O shellholder or die, or some other arcane part.
Or just use it for awhile to see if it works OK, then send it back when you are finished with it.
I'm easy.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

rikkit
10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Ross, you have a PM.