PDA

View Full Version : Frankford Arsenal Hand DePrimer

gpidaho
08-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Just purchased this hand tool this week and over all it works pretty well. If you have a lot of brass of the same caliber it works better than on a mixed batch as changing out the collet is slower than changing a shell holder. Also pay attention to pic two in the instructions and don't try to use it "double action" without setting or you'll have primers on the floor. It seems to have a little less "feel" asto weak primer pockets than my press mounted decapper and I haven't used it enough on crimped primers to know if it will hold up to that use but I've run three or four 223s that were crimped and it got those done. I was just sick of the primer residue fouling my presses and the PITA of cleaning it up. If you come back home from the range with a mixed bag of brass a cheap used or worn out press dedicated to primer extraction might still be the best option in my opinion, but yes, it works as advertised and is worth the cost to keep the press ram clean if you don't have room on the bench for an extra press. Gp

LUBEDUDE
08-09-2015, 07:23 PM
I saw those at my local Gouger Mtn a few months ago and wondered how they worked and if they were worth the money.

Thanks