PDA

View Full Version : Big score

Vinne
08-07-2015, 11:03 PM
A big score, for me that is. The wife and I had lunch across the lake the other day. To exit the parking lot the right only turn puts you into the larger shopping strip and after a u turn will take you to the I-10 and back home. Well the first store in that large strip mall is an Academy. So the wife says "you wanna try this one for your 22s". I had been to every Academy in the area, even this one, many times for some 22s with no luck and I was tired of wasting time for no gain. But, I pigged out at lunch and felt the walk through the store would count for time off the tread mill when I got back home. To my surprise, there on the counter at customer service, were 10 boxes of 500 rounds.

The line was long and I kept an eye on the boxes. The clerk said only one box per person so I was sure to get one. Another register opened and the first person asked for one box. There were two other people in that line so I began to worry. When I could, I jumped in that line and gained my reward. I made it to the truck like I had scored a brick of gold and told the wife to go in and get another box. She got in line and scored her box of gold with only one more box left on the shelf. It may seem that 1000 rounds is no big deal but it was 5 years since my last batch of 22s so this felt like a big score to me.

Gofaaast
08-07-2015, 11:49 PM
And the price was......

rancher1913
08-08-2015, 12:39 AM
yah, price is the sticky wicket. several shops have it by the pallet around here but they want 90 bucks a brick.

LUCKYDAWG13
08-08-2015, 06:49 AM
by me a brick of Remington 500 rounds at Cabelas and Gander MT was $29. as of yesterday

Vinne
08-08-2015, 11:43 PM
The price was a little over $27 after tax!! The way prices have been going lately, I'll take all they have to rebuild my supplies!!

rondog
08-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Been lucky I guess. There's a Cabela's about 5 miles from me, and every once in awhile I'll find a pile of Blazer or Thunderdud bricks, and for normal prices. So I've built the stash back up by a few thousand rounds, even passed on bricks a couple times. And they've been having a whole aisle full of powders, lots of 'em. No W231, HP38, or other pistol type powders though. Lotsa rifle and magnum stuff, probably shotgun too, don't know shotgun powders.

Half Dog
08-11-2015, 02:46 PM
I was lucky and found two 525 boxes for $30 ea. at a local pawn shop.

Clay M
08-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Went to two Cabelas stores over the weekend. They had plenty of .22's at sky high prices.
CCI standard velocity 50 rds for $5.00
I would personally rather pay a bit more and get the Norma Tac .22 target for $6.00
They are more consistent and shoot better in my rifles.

They had Fed 150 LG Pistol GM match primers for $34 which I thought was decent. I bought 1000.