PDA

View Full Version : Have you

oneokie
08-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Seen this thread?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?284933-S-amp-S-Rules-and-Definitions

OBIII
08-07-2015, 11:55 PM
I guess we're just being bad. I do think that the 6 months membership and 100 posts is out of line.

OB

waksupi
08-08-2015, 01:22 AM
I do kind of agree on the 100 post as being kinda high. Some of our best contributors don't make that many posts in six months.

starmac
08-08-2015, 01:59 AM
I have seen it, but being as I pretty much never sell anything on S&S other than a couple things guys were looking for in the wanted section, I just basically glanced over it.
I do have a question though.
If I ever listed anything for sale it would have been an action wrench that I picked up at a garage sale soley because it was cheap and I figured someone here could use it. (the guy that sold it to me claimed it was a plumbing tool of some sort)
I may not have even listed it for sale, but did sell it to a member, never mind I gave it to a member.
I don't pick up stuff like this to make money on, but more because I hate to see such a good deal go to waiste. Today I picked up a barrel wrench set, Haven't even researched it to see what it is for yet, but when I do is it against the rules to offer it to a member here, as it is not something I have used or bought with the intent to use.

Fishman
08-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Starmac you can offer things in the helping hands forum and place whatever restrictions you want on it. Something like "barrel wrench set free to member with a project and no money" or something.

HARRYMPOPE
08-08-2015, 09:56 AM
I think more than 25% of members are only here for the swapping and selling section.I'm talking buyers.I don't own the site so whatever the rules are is the owners choice.but I say delete the section totally so there is no chance of problems and its a 100% worlds only source and home to all cast experts in the world.I'd like to see what happens with membership then?

oneokie
08-08-2015, 10:01 AM
The day and post count is aimed at those new members who come here and post border line "me too" and "+1" type posts just to be able to sell. This is not a new problem as it has been happening for a long time.

The occasional sale of something you bought at a very good price and you want to offer it to the members is not what the new rules are aimed at.

starmac
08-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Well it is now a moot point anyway. I looked it up and it is for a savage, probably the only one I would ever have a use for, but I will use it instead of passing it along. lol

Fishman, I try to do the helping hands thing, usually around christmas time. Usually it is not actually for a member, but someone a member is trying to help get started.

Hardcast416taylor
08-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Yes, and your point is???????????????Robert

starmac
08-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Just saying it wont be listed anyway, as it is something I can use. When I picked it up yesterday I didn't even ask what it was for, I figured a member could use it. I don't even know what the set sells for but for the five bucks asking price I knew someone could put it to use.

Now if any member needs to swap a savage barrel and doesn't particularly want to buy a wrench set for a one time deal, it can be available to use for the price of shipping.

ShooterAZ
08-08-2015, 05:17 PM
I read it, and agree with it. The name of the forum is "Cast Boolits", not "Swapping & Selling at Cast Boolits". As usual, the whiners are the ones who go to estate sales, etc, and peddle their wares here. Just after a fast buck IMHO. If you want to sell a plethora of stuff, PLEASE become a Vendor Sponsor and for God's sake, QUIT WHINING about this. If 25% + of members are here only for the swapping & selling only, what's wrong with this picture? What do you not understand about "CASUAL SALES ONLY'? I'm here to learn more about casting, reloading, and share knowledge any time I can. Iv'e bought and sold a few items here, and appreciate the opportunity to do so. If your only here to make a fast buck, PLEASE go somewhere else.

shooter93
08-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Your rules so I'm ok with them but I think 100 posts is a bit high. I was here probably years before I reached 100 posts. I don't answer questions that already have been answered generally which isn't a whole lot different than posting "me too" or "plus 1" And I do understand the buy and re-sell restriction. Become a vendor and help the site benefit from your business also. I'm not complaining....just one of those nasty old opinions.

OBIII
08-19-2015, 09:17 PM
I read it, and agree with it. The name of the forum is "Cast Boolits", not "Swapping & Selling at Cast Boolits". As usual, the whiners are the ones who go to estate sales, etc, and peddle their wares here. Just after a fast buck IMHO. If you want to sell a plethora of stuff, PLEASE become a Vendor Sponsor and for God's sake, QUIT WHINING about this. If 25% + of members are here only for the swapping & selling only, what's wrong with this picture? What do you not understand about "CASUAL SALES ONLY'? I'm here to learn more about casting, reloading, and share knowledge any time I can. Iv'e bought and sold a few items here, and appreciate the opportunity to do so. If your only here to make a fast buck, PLEASE go somewhere else.

I am a Vendor Sponsor and I ain't whining about anything. The rules when I joined were 30 days and 25 "relevant" posts, if I recall correctly. +1 and Me too have never been considered relevant posts. My "opinion" is that 6 months/100 posts is overkill.

OB

BrassMagnet
08-19-2015, 11:37 PM
I think more than 25% of members are only here for the swapping and selling section.I'm talking buyers.I don't own the site so whatever the rules are is the owners choice.but I say delete the section totally so there is no chance of problems and its a 100% worlds only source and home to all cast experts in the world.I'd like to see what happens with membership then?

I believe deleting the S&S section would eventually kill the forum.
It has been my experience that people can only learn a little at a time. They digest that little bit of learning and then they are ready to learn a little more. Each bit of knowledge they master improves their abilities and allows them to learn even more.
It bothers me when I see thread after thread of "I found this at an estate sale and decided to bring it here first!" I am not ready to see my stuff at an estate sale.
I am fine with the new rules.

M-Tecs
08-19-2015, 11:45 PM
I believe deleting the S&S section would eventually kill the forum.
It has been my experience that people can only learn a little at a time. They digest that little bit of learning and then they are ready to learn a little more. Each bit of knowledge they master improves their abilities and allows them to learn even more.

Agreed - same goes for the Pit. Both keep the site interesting. Learning is one aspect. The other is teaching. Make the site boring and both suffer.

trails4u
08-19-2015, 11:54 PM
I'm guilty of the 'Estate Sale' sale on this site.....and honestly, not ashamed. I have a habit....one I like to feed, and one that occasionally lands me with some 'stuff' I think others might enjoy. I fund my habit with this 'stuff'. Most of what I offer here I think will be appreciated here, and I try to sell it for less than what I could get on GB or other sites. SWMBO and I are raising three kids on a single income, so I can't justify spending family money on the habit. So yeah...I try to make a buck now and then on a good score. For me at least, that's a fair balance....for others maybe not, but that's OK. 'Tis the beauty of the amazing country we call home!

Harter66
08-20-2015, 12:43 PM
I guess I've just been lucky here .

Never been stiffed ,been able to fix a deal run a muck and never had to deal with anyone with less than 4-500 posts ........ wait there was that guy that had like 40 posts but had been a member for .....I don't remember now but probably a carry over from the Ammooo board.

The whole board is reaching that magic place where "you don't know jack and have no credibility because you don't have 1000 posts " that made me not want anything to do with several boards .

By the way all of the jack snipes that feel obligations to make negative posts ,maybe you should pack and blow too. In fact let's just make it a requirement that you must have at least 25% positive happy posts .

Have a swell day !

williamwaco
08-20-2015, 01:21 PM
I have bought lot of stuff here. Never had a bad experience. BUT I would not buy from a new bee. I buy only from members with several hundred posts. I am really put off by trying to sell something on the second or third posting.

I support the time and posting requirements but that doesn't prevent an attempt in a different forum.

I want to support members who have extra stuff they no longer need or who need to raise cash for something they do need.