PDA

View Full Version : More surgery...

fatelk
08-05-2015, 12:31 AM
I hesitate to post this, not because we don't value you all's thoughts and prayers (we do), but because it actually seems like a rather minor issue compared to the real difficulties and heartache I see some folks going through on this part of the forum.

This is not a life threatening issue, just a severe ongoing nuisance for several years now. My wife will be going in for her third foot surgery in as many years on Monday. We're hoping that the third time is the charm. There's been some mention of amputation being a possible eventuality (not there yet, thankfully). There have been times that it's hurt so bad she's ready to do it herself. I told her they make some pretty nice prosthetics nowadays, but she sees no humor at all in that. :)

This one shouldn't be nearly as difficult or as lengthy to recover from as the last one, but we do appreciate those who would remember us on Monday. Thank you!

RogerDat
08-05-2015, 12:34 AM
Thinking of you and prayer for your wife's speedy and complete recovery. Ongoing pain drains ones energy so I hope this time provides some relief.

Three44s
08-05-2015, 12:45 AM
Praying for the best outcome there. I hope an amputation can be avoided.

Glad you posted, don't be reluctant about it!

Best regards

Three 44s

Preacher Jim
08-05-2015, 07:09 AM
May the Lord guide the doctor and nurses through to completion of the healing of your wife. He is the arthor and prefector of all healing.

Will pray for you and your wife. Please let us know what God does in this healing process.

w5pv
08-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Prayers sent.

buckwheatpaul
08-07-2015, 05:38 PM
fatelk "This is not a life threatening issue..." is truly a life threatening issue when there is talk of amputation. May God watch over Mrs. Fatelk and take away her fears and pain. May God guide over and aid the doctors and nurses during your wife's surgery and recovery. May God calm her families fears. In Your name take her anxiety away! Amen

fatelk
08-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll post an update after Monday.

This surgery is just to take some metal out and check for more tumors. The amputation thing was mentioned only as a worst case scenario if the tumors keep coming back.

There was a guy on YouTube that had the same kind of tumors and had to have it amputated. He had a sense of humor, and tattooed dotted lines around his leg, with scissors and "cut here". :)

USMC87
08-08-2015, 08:18 AM
The surgery is a big deal and GOD wants know our hearts on this issue, Everything is important when we take it before the Creator. It's an honor and privilege to pray about this surgery and to ask for a quick recovery with no ill effects. May GOD give you and your wife comfort and strength in this time.

fatelk
08-10-2015, 07:01 PM
The surgery went OK, he took out the hardware but did find one tiny spot he sent to pathology. We're really hoping it comes back clean and this is the end of it. Thank you everyone!

AK4570
08-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Prayers lifted. He is able.

osteodoc08
08-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery and negative pathology.

skeettx
08-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Thank you for the updates and prayers lifted up for Mrs. Fatelk
Mike

Preacher Jim
08-21-2015, 06:15 AM
Lord Jesus, you are the agent of all healing. The word says you hold all things together and we are asking you to heal this child of yours and hold her foot together with your love. Heal the cause of these growths and guide these doctors and nurses you use to bring this healing. Let your grace and mercy flow to this family.

Hickory
08-21-2015, 08:04 AM
I'll pray for you also. I think I know how you feel. I've been cut on so many times, I feel like a Thanksgiving turkey.
My Dr. once said I was Murphy's law on the hoof. She said, if anything can go wrong with a person it will go wrong with you.

DeputyDog25
09-05-2015, 04:49 AM
Prayers going up for speedy recovery