PDA

View Full Version : Neerb has passed

Springfield
11-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Apparently Mr. Dave Breen, don't know his alias, has passed on. He was a member of my GB for the 44Slim mould, but when I mailed it to him it was refused and returned to sender(twice). According to an e-mail from info I received from Blammer, it is believed he has no relatives to forward this on to. So I am donating it to the site and am auctioning it off. I will pay the shipping. Seems only right, and I would like to believe it is what Dave would have liked. Sure can't just sell it again, wouldn't be right. Bidding to start at 50.00, which is 10.00 under the regular GB price. How 'bout we let this go until Jan. 1, then pay for it sometime after that so as not to strain any Christmas budgets. Please send funds to the board, and when they say it is paid I will send it on to the winner.

garandsrus
11-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Springifled,

Dave's alias was 'Neerb'.

John

45nut
11-24-2007, 04:22 PM
DaveB, aka "Neerb" is shown as not logged in since June of this year. Sadly it seems we have lost another. I surely hope his property is respected, many of his posts here were group buys.
I would hope his gear is passed along to someone that respects it.

RIP Neerb.. RIP.

John F.
11-24-2007, 05:38 PM
That's a shame -- I'm very sorry to hear of his passing! He was also a member of my .257-80 gr. GC group buy, and when he sent his payment, sent an extra $5 for a round on him. That was very thoughtful of him, and I think it speaks well of his character.

RIP, Dave.
:(

Dutch4122
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Same here for Dave's 434-210-RF mold and it will be going up for auction soon.

I was very sorry to hear of his passing. Sent me an extra $5 bill as well to have a beer. I plan to have more than one in his name.

God Bless, and Rest in Peace, Neerb.

Boomer Mikey
12-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I got a call from someone where neerb worked to tell me that he passed away over 3 months ago and to stop sending molds; he also asked if Dave had a lifetime subscription or something. I asked if there was a forwarding address to his family and he said no. I told him to mark future mold packages return to sender "Deceased".

I don't know what neerb would want us to do with his molds but I feel it is fitting to honor his memory by extending his generosity to the forum he apparently loved to participate in 100%.

Honcho's with returned molds are welcome to post them in this thread for auction with proceeds forwarded to support this forum.

Willy Snyder
C/O Gun Loads
Cast Boolits Division
P.O. BOX 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206

Boomer :Fire:

45nut
03-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Dave had a significant impact here and will be missed.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?u=1981

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/search.php?searchid=557948

EDK
04-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I won Dave's 358627 mould on the site benefit auction. Everytime I handle it or work with the boolits, his memory will be renewed.

While I never knew him, I have this image of a slightly built man in work clothes and a shop apron. A quiet guy with a sly sense of humor, prone to subtle practical jokes; ready to stop for a cold one after work; knew a million stories about everyone at work. Things just aren't the same there anymore.

I had the cold one in his memory awhile back and tipped the bartender, Bobbi, for him. She said she owes him a hug and a smile. A cold one poured by a pretty woman always tastes better. Right, Dave?

:drinks: