PDA

View Full Version : New Lee 6 cavity 358-105-SWC--Great

Cloudpeak
03-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I cast my first bullets from this new mold, today. I think this is the best Lee 6 cavity I've owned. The finish of the cavities is better than the other Lee molds I've owned and this mold dropped alll of the bullets without doing any work on the mold other than initial cleaning. No smoking needed.

I didn't measure the bullets out of each cavity. Other Lee 6 cavity molds always seemed to drop varying diameters which was felt when sizing them with the Lee push through sizer. Some bullets would require quite a bit more effort to size.
Judging from the "feel" of sizing 500 bullets out of the new mold, these cavities are very uniform and require very little effort to size .358".

They're lubed with LLA and I can hardly wait to load some up and shoot them through the M&P (and the CZ if it ever gets here.)

Cloudpeak

Lloyd Smale
03-28-2008, 07:40 PM
that bullets a real sleeper. Its proably the most accurate 38 special bullet ive found and that includes many differnt wad cutters and semi wadcutters and other designs. it works well in the 9mm too.

Scrounger
03-28-2008, 07:55 PM
It does sound interesting. Any extra molds floating around? Who ran the group buy? Will Mid-South have it for sale? Inquiring minds want to know....

James C. Snodgrass
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't think it is a gb mold I bought mine from midway my daughter shoots it in production field pistol. We have good luck with it out at 100yds. I load it with 5grs of bullseye and get 1300fps from 10" T/C and very low recoil. I have recently used lee liquid alox and ran through their push thru and relube after sizing and still am getting very good accuracy. James

Cloudpeak
03-28-2008, 10:11 PM
that bullets a real sleeper. Its proably the most accurate 38 special bullet ive found and that includes many differnt wad cutters and semi wadcutters and other designs. it works well in the 9mm too.

I'll probably try this bullet in my SP101 but I imagine it will shoot too low to be useful. It seems I need to shoot 158 gr. bullets in order to have POA=POI in the SP.

Cloudpeak

garandsrus
03-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Cloudpeak,

I'm glad to hear that the new mold worked out for you!

Scrounger, it's a standard mold... 105 SWC (http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=458304&t=11082005)

I had sent some boolits to Cloudpeak to try and they shot very well for him so he bought the mold.

John