PDA

View Full Version : any ideas on this one

country gent
07-29-2015, 09:09 PM
I am going to an auction tommorow at the local aution house. On the block is a Wildey pistol. I have always been interested in the 475 wildey magnum pistol and its performance. I have been looking for past auctions on the internet to get an idea of how high to bid and have found very little information. What Im basically looking for is its current value. Blue book of gun values, past autions, seen prices sold for. There are a couple current auctions on web sites but asking price is just that and no bids yet on them. I really dont want to go into this blindly as to value. Is wildey even still in buisness? Thanks to all

sixonetonoffun
07-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Dang just looked at their website. Thats a handgun I could like!
http://www.wildeyguns.com/wildey.html

country gent
07-29-2015, 10:15 PM
Yes a really inovative desighn and the 475 wildey magnum wildcat is also quite impressive. Ive been watching for one for awhile.

country gent
07-30-2015, 10:01 PM
Went to the auction today and watched the wildey survivor sell. Pistol in 475 wildey magnum with 8" barrel survivor model 1 mag, factory nstruction pamplet and specs sheet. original cardboard shipping box. Pistol was in very good shape had been fired but very little. Box was rough. paper work was fair shape. I had figured from closed auctions on internet a value of $1200.00 to $1800.00 depending on options, model and shape. My bid of 1200 was the second bid next after mine was 1750 a 550 jump. Pistol sold for just under $3000.00. Everything was going way high ( new prices plus some even) This estates collection was very well cared for and clean but almost all had been fired some. Roughly a brick and a half of 22 shot shells brought $150.00. Some very nice rifles pistols and shotguns. ( several ruger red labels in diffrent grades, some browning citois in various grades, and others) Ammo, acccessories, and firearms went for new or better prices. It was nuts.

str8wal
07-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Some folks just got more dollars than sense!