PDA

View Full Version : 9mm draw die

kc3ak
07-27-2015, 04:26 PM
During my reading the past few days, I seem to recall someone saying that they have a RC draw die to draw 9mm brass to be used as 9mm jackets. Did I actually read that or did I just dream it? If it is a fact, could that person inform me if it is a single draw or multi draw, and what is the final dia of the jacket? I think SWMBO has agreed to let me get a draw die to do this neat miracle ( if it indeed is possible). By the way, I really enjoy all the posts about swaging. I was doing swaging back in the mid 80s with all Corbin stuff, but I "lost custody" of all of it during a divorce (sold to pay all the bills that got dumped on me), and am just now getting back into it. Thanks everyone.

guywitha3006
07-27-2015, 06:10 PM
I think I posted something recently... very simple processes, anneal brass and run through a single draw die (mine with punch was $85 from Richard Corbin) then I plan to pinch trim it to length. I am sure you could also trim before. On a side not I also ran some junk 223 through the sizer and it worked just as well. I wish I had more infor to offer but I got the draw die last week and I am hoping for my trim die next week.

During my reading the past few days, I seem to recall someone saying that they have a RC draw die to draw 9mm brass to be used as 9mm jackets. Did I actually read that or did I just dream it? If it is a fact, could that person inform me if it is a single draw or multi draw, and what is the final dia of the jacket? I think SWMBO has agreed to let me get a draw die to do this neat miracle ( if it indeed is possible). By the way, I really enjoy all the posts about swaging. I was doing swaging back in the mid 80s with all Corbin stuff, but I "lost custody" of all of it during a divorce (sold to pay all the bills that got dumped on me), and am just now getting back into it. Thanks everyone.

kc3ak
07-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I plan to order a 9mm swaging set, and after reading about your draw die, I became very interested in that as I can get all the 9mm I want free. I just didn't want to sound TOO stupid with I contacted Richard. I have a 9mm carbine that hates cast bullets. It leads terrible and throws them all over the place. It patterns, instead of groups with cast bullets. ;-)

guywitha3006
07-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Yup, I have a feeling my draw die was not the first one he made to take 9Mm brass down to .355 everything works great. I think it was about a 1 month lead time.