PDA

View Full Version : Scored a few buckets of WW's

odinohi
07-27-2015, 06:02 AM
Answered an add on craigslist and drove about 40 minutes. 3 full buckets of WW's.
What makes these 3 buckets special is they were all lead, no steel or zinc. The lead WW's were also new, unused. They were all mixed together. Coated and uncoated, all different sizes. I started sorting them yesterday. Got one bucket done and two to go. I stopped at a tire shop on the way home from getting them and showed the owner. He generously offered me two buckets of used weights if I would top one of my buckets off. Had to turn him down. I am going to package these in bags of 50. Going to give 8 bags of 50 for a full bucket of used. Some of the first places I am going are some of the places that wouldn't or couldn't come off of there used weights. Guess what I'm trying to say is I am turning this 500 lbs of new WW's into 5000-6000 lb of used weights. The dude said his BIL is some kind of salesman and has been throwing these away.

Beagle333
07-27-2015, 06:36 AM
The dude said his BIL is some kind of salesman and has been throwing these away. Aw, now that's just sad right there.

Good score though. Happy trading!

Hardcast416taylor
07-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Keep in mind that "used weights" now days are getting to be mostly non-lead weights. Good score on the lead weights. Who would throw away new weights?Robert