PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be an american

Bad Water Bill
07-26-2015, 09:51 PM
A fellow vet sent this to me and I will proudly post it here.

Many of our own kids, thanks to our education system, don't like the good old USA............Read this kids.

About six miles from Maastricht, in the Netherlands lie buried 8,301 American soldiers who died in "Operation Market Garden" in the battles to liberate Holland in the fall/winter of 1944.

Every one of the men buried in the cemetery, as well as those in the Canadian and British military cemeteries, has been adopted by a Dutch family who mind the grave, decorate it, and keep alive the memory of the soldier they have adopted. It is even the custom to keep a portrait of "their" American soldier in a place of honor in their home. Annually, on "Liberation Day," memorial services are held for "the men who died to liberate Holland ."

The day concludes with a concert. The final piece is always "Il Silenzio," a memorial piece commissioned by the Dutch and first played in 1965 on the 20th anniversary of Holland's liberation. It has been the concluding piece of the memorial concert ever since. This year the soloist was a 13-year-old Dutch girl, Melissa Venema, backed by Andrι Rieu and his orchestra (the Royal Orchestra of the Netherlands ). This beautiful concert piece is based upon the original version of taps and was composed by Italian composer Nino Rossi.

http://www.flixxy.com/trumpet-solo-melissa-venema.htm

After you watch the above web site, check out the below. In alphabetical order:
· The American Cemetery, Aisne-Marne, France ... 2,289
· The American Cemetery at Ardennes, Belgium ... 5,329
· The American Cemetery at Brittany, France ........ 4,410
· Brookwood, England - American Cemetery ......... 468
· Cambridge, England ............................................ 3,812
· Epinal, France - American Cemetery ................... 5,525
· Flanders Field, Belgium ....................................... 368
· Florence, Italy .................................................. .... 4,402
· Henri-Chapelle, Belgium ...................................... 7,992
· Lorraine, France ................................................. 10,489
· Luxembourg, Luxembourg ………………………... 5,076
· Meuse-Argonne........................................... ........ 14,246
· Netherlands, Netherlands .................................... 8,301
· Normandy, France ................................................ 9,387
· Oise-Aisne, France ............................................... 6,012
· Rhone , France .................................................. ... 861
· Sicily, Italy .................................................. ........... 7,861
· Somme, France .................................................. .. 1,844
· St. Mihiel, France …………………………………… 4,153
· Suresnes, France .................................................. 1,541

Remind those of our sacrifice and don't confuse arrogance with leadership. The count is 104,366 dead, brave Americans.And we have to watch an American elected leader who apologizes to Europe and the Middle East that our country is "arrogant"!

HOW MANY FRENCH, DUTCH, ITALIANS, BELGIANS AND BRITS ARE BURIED ON OUR SOIL... AFTER DEFENDING US AGAINST OUR ENEMIES?
WE DON'T ASK FOR PRAISE...BUT WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE!

Please watch the young lady play their version of taps

jcwit
07-26-2015, 10:26 PM
I agree, but problem being, most of those young kids could care less.

Omega
07-26-2015, 10:39 PM
I agree, but problem being, most of those young kids could care less.
Shoot, if POTUS doesn't care what makes you think they would.

Mytmousemalibu
07-27-2015, 02:41 AM
Not all is lost on all of us! I'm 32 and the Men & Women of our Armed Forces past & present have my upmost respect & gratitude. My dad, a German immigrant served the USN during Vietnam and later in life served his community as a firefighter.

Now the generations younger than me... Probably don't care. More concerned with their Facebook page than our history.

I doubt many even my age know about the Battle for Athens, TN for example.

Ola
07-27-2015, 04:11 AM
Bill, it might get better in the future. Sometimes it seems to "skip" a generation.

Let me tell you an example of that. Here the veterans were not respected enough in the 1970's and 80's. The attitude of the younger people was sometimes quite bad: f.e. the "Leftists" told the injured vets "it's your fault. Why did you go to war?" and stuff like that.

My generation ( the grandkids of the vets, born in the 70's and 80's) was/is totally different. Luckily so, because now the last 20 years or so the old vets have been getting the respect they deserve. They are old men now, only 23 000 left anymore.

I hope our kids learn one thing from my generation: it is totally ok to be a patriot. It is not the same as ultra-nationalism.

Lead Fred
07-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Being a nationalist is now frowned upon. The US has given way to the north american union.
Thats where we live now. Soon we all will be global citizens. One government, one bank, one religion.
One god, which is satan.

They just have to get rid of us & our means of defending ourselves.

They are burning the midnight oil to get it done.

I am ashamed to live in a country run by an Indonesian, who's goal is to destroy you and me
He pledges allegiance to the world bankers and satan

Indiana shooter
07-27-2015, 05:48 AM
I feel that history is lost with this generation. I try to teach my kids history but the schools teach them a "sugar coated history" that they must memorize or fail public school. I think it is like this because, as the old saying goes, "to the victor goes the spoils". Well in reality the victor also takes the past as well. This is as true to war as it is to political battles.

To prove this point just look at the PC bull going on now with the battle flag. 20 years ago this movement would have never gotten an inch of traction but now, give it 5 years, and it'll be a felony to even own anything with the stars and bars. (Kinda reminds me of what those brave heroes fought and died trying to stop)

Anyway, another point to prove this fact. My little brother ( actually both of them attending completely different schools) claim that the reason that WWII even happened was because Hitler just wanted to spread Nazism. See, sugar coating the true history, they only teach our children what they want them to know.

I do believe it was originally said by George Santana, "those that forget the past are destined to repeat it" . Let us not forget our history as I don't want our children/grandchildren to have to relive the mistakes of our fathers/grandfathers.

DCP
07-27-2015, 08:21 AM
God thank you for these brave men.
All gave some, Some gave all
For all of those that may follow may there short lives be fullest they may be
Watch over there families and grant them peace
May there sacrifice be not in VAIN

AMEN

Wayne Smith
07-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Being a nationalist is now frowned upon. The US has given way to the north american union.
Thats where we live now. Soon we all will be global citizens. One government, one bank, one religion.
One god, which is satan.

They just have to get rid of us & our means of defending ourselves.

They are burning the midnight oil to get it done.

I am ashamed to live in a country run by an Indonesian, who's goal is to destroy you and me
He pledges allegiance to the world bankers and satan

You've been reading Revelation again, eh?