PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro-1000 owners upgrade!

oldfart1956
07-25-2015, 09:55 PM
For those folks who own the Pro-1000 and lament the poor set-up for primer disposal Titan has once again come up with a solution. Gotta love those folks. Take a look at their Titan Primer Chute item # T305. This little gizmo snaps right into the underside of the 1000 and allows ya to attach a tube similar to the Classic Turret press. It funnels the spent primers from both orifices into a single drop tube. Simple and easy...$13...who knew? I got one a little while back and finally got to run a pile of 9mm thru the press and it works wonderful good. I tried the Lee method of just drilling a hole in the bench. Wasn't happy. Primers pile up under the press and make a mess or jamb eventually. Here's something else I did. Bought the Lee Bench Plate from Titan and after drilling a hole for the primers to exit (through the plate) I found a piece of 5/8 copper pipe in the dump...cut it about 4 inches long and put a big flare on the upper end. Then I drilled a hole thru the bench and shoved the pipe thru (under the steel bench mount plate) and bolted everything up. Now the primers drop right thru the plate/down the copper pipe and right into the tube. Sweet. Everything is out of the way and doesn't interfere with swapping out the different presses or lube sizers and works perfect. Thank you Titan. Audie...the happy Oldfart..

kywoodwrkr
07-26-2015, 05:42 PM
You've gotta quit this!
I looked at the insert for the Pro1000 and said to myself, 'looks like what you want to do for your little single stage Lee'.
Well, three hours later I have 3D printer STL file ready to try out.(Couple movies viewed as well)
Now to take to CAD department and get it printed for fitting.
But honestly, $15 for the fixture, tube and tube end piece is cheap.

Moonie
07-30-2015, 08:18 AM
This great, I have both the pro1000 and the turret press this fits. Ordering two. Thank you for the heads up.

JeffG
07-30-2015, 09:10 AM
Audie, off thread but how do you like the bench plate setup from Lee? I've been considering one so I could swap between a classic cast and classic cast turret. Thanks

oldfart1956
07-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Audie, off thread but how do you like the bench plate setup from Lee? I've been considering one so I could swap between a classic cast and classic cast turret. Thanks Jeff, I like the bench plate setup. I have an old (large) kneehole desk for a reloading bench. Typical 3 drawers on each side setup. There's no place to drill&mount 4 different devises. The bench plate makes it easy. Each device is mounted to a base and hangs in the storage room, pull out what I want to use and slip it in the plate and snug it up. The plate is quite heavy duty. I can make any additional bases out of scrap 3/4 inch plywood or scrap hard wood. I'm sure pine would even work. I did beef up the underside of the bench top. Two layers of 3/4 inch flooring plywood under the 1 inch thick solid wood top. Used 3/8 bolts to hold the bench plate down. I plan on mounting a med. sized vise to one of the bases as well. No more running down to the garage every time I need to whack on something. Great product. Audie...the happy Oldfart..

Vinne
07-30-2015, 09:10 PM
I have mine for a few years now and think it is great. My bench will only hold 3 presses so to be able to switch from Pro 1000 large primer press to small primer Pro 1000, from the single stage press to Breech Lock press to Load Master to Lyman lube sizer to even a small vice is not only convenient but also easy. The only thing they can't do is swap the Load-all between 12 and 20 but maybe one day they will resolve that!! You will not be sorry making the switch to the Lee bench plate system.