PDA

View Full Version : First Motorized Reloaders?

beeser
07-25-2015, 11:08 AM
While posting the question about the mystery Fowler loader (see http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?283281-Fowler-loader) I wondered when manufacturers began to motorize the machines whether by hydraulic drives or electric motors. Some manufacturers offered this as an option but the Fowler loader is the first one I've seen that was specifically designed for it. It even had the hard working gearing and indexing mechanism(s) housed in an oil bath.

Grasslander
07-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Have you done anymore work on getting it cleaned up yet? It would be cool to see some updated pictures with it reassembled, and maybe some different angles.

Have you seen any other information on Fowler tools? Advertisements or anything? I'm really curios about this too!

Grant

beeser
07-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Have you done anymore work on getting it cleaned up yet? It would be cool to see some updated pictures with it reassembled, and maybe some different angles.

Have you seen any other information on Fowler tools? Advertisements or anything? I'm really curios about this too!

Grant

The machine is currently in the condition shown with no plans to restore or even put it together. No, I have no other information, which is the reason for the post. So far no one even Pressman has recalled seeing one.

Artful
07-25-2015, 02:47 PM
I checked 1951, 1956 and 1959 Guns Digest and found no mention of your Fowler - this evening I will do a little more research

beeser
07-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks Artful! I think one of the reasons that it's hard to find information on the Fowler is that it may have been intended for commercial use.