PDA

View Full Version : RECOMENDATION FOR Source for tin, antomony ingots with cheap and fast delivery?

detroitcharlie
07-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Any suggestions where to order alloy ingots with cheap and fast delivery?

Outpost75
07-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Roto Metals ships free with $100 order.
http://www.rotometals.com/Bullet-Casting-Alloys-s/5.htm
http://www.rotometals.com/tin-metal-plates-and-ingots-s/27.htm
http://www.rotometals.com/Antimony-s/1.htm

dsh1106
07-24-2015, 05:16 PM
What he ^^^^^ said ...

There's always flebay as well.

IraqVet1982
07-24-2015, 05:37 PM
How about this forum? Post a WTB... Prices are generally better.

And greetings from Warren MI

detroitcharlie
07-24-2015, 05:54 PM

Greetings from Saint Clair Shores!

Outpost75
07-24-2015, 07:00 PM

Lower prices would be for unknown scrap alloy without analysis or guaranteed composition. Roto Metals pricing is based on the current American Metal Market "yellow sheets" which are used by the industry and which you can look up daily in the Wall Street Journal. Some people may be "cheaper" but they sell scrap metals and you don't know what you are getting. If they have good metal of known composition and sell it less than market price because they are ignorant, they won't stay in business so, then indeed you should buy it all and sell it for a profit.

imashooter2
07-24-2015, 10:01 PM
All very true, but there just isn't very much need for precise certified alloys in boolit casting.

Especially if those precise certified alloys would be added to scrap lead of unknown content...

Digital Dan
07-24-2015, 10:25 PM
John Walters.

quilbilly
07-24-2015, 10:31 PM
If you don't need very much tin and want to make up about 5# of alloy, one package of "lead-free" size 7 tin splitshot fishing sinkers from Wal Mart will do the job nicely.

minmax
07-25-2015, 03:47 AM
Greetings from Ann Arbour area.

JeffinNZ
07-25-2015, 04:27 AM
I have a very fast way to deliver 200gr ingots........

Tatume
07-25-2015, 07:25 AM
This was right at the top of the list on Swappin & Sellin.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?283363-WTS-63-Tin-37-PB-muffins

No shortage of tin for sale on Cast Boolits.

georgerkahn
07-25-2015, 08:00 AM
99% (give or take a few ;) ) "flebay" purveyors are honest folks, but there are, imho, those who either honestly have zero idea what they're purveying, as well as that 1% (give or take a few ;) ) who are not so truthful or honest in their merchandise description.

I've deal / bought from Roto-metals and not only have they been great in terms of delivery, I ***KNOW*** exactly what I'm receiving. Yes, I'm sure one can save a few pennies from auction sites and the like -- but it only takes a small amount of, say, zinc in the mix to make the entire pot worthless. And, there's those postal costs paid, too, regardless.

I deal ONLY with Roto-metals for tin, antimony, and their Superhard.

BEST!
georgerkahn

pjames32
07-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Swapping and Selling on this forum will yield some pewter at a good price. I use lino, COWW or hardened shot for my antimony. Lino or COWW also offered here.
If you want pure go to Rotometals.
YMMV
PJ

Tatume
07-25-2015, 01:41 PM
I've been buying solder and pewter here on this list for years. I've never gotten anything but perfect results, and the cost is less than half of what a commercial vendor charges. Postage is usually included in the price, whereas the commercial vendors add postage.

I have nothing against the commercial vendors, and if someone is in business and uses large amounts of metal they are the best way to go. But for little guys like me who cast bullets for personal use, this list is the ideal place to buy metal. If someone wants to pay for the commercial stuff, have at it. But don't badmouth the little guys who offer a good deal on a small scale.

detroitcharlie
07-25-2015, 02:43 PM
I have a very fast way to deliver 200gr ingots........

LOL! I bet!