PDA

View Full Version : Breach Block removal in Rolling Block

KenH
07-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Hello all, I've got a 43 Spanish Reformato I'd like to disassemble for cleaning - pretty cruddy inside action. I've got the stock off, got the button holding the breachblock and hammer pins in. Removed the breachblock pin, but the breachblock doesn't wish to come out. Seems like the ejector is holding it. This model does not have a screw holding the ejector. Any idea how to remove the ejector?

I'm sure I'm missing something, and decided to ask ya'll before I got the "big" hammer {g}

Also, remember the Spanish Rolling Block has the screw at the recoil lug in front of the action - does this screw require removing before the forearm can be removed?

Thanks to all for any info or suggestions.

Ken H>

KenH
07-23-2015, 05:26 PM
OK, I "finally" got the trigger assembly out - had to drill one screw out, other came out ok. Once the trigger assembly was out, that allowed the breach block to drop down enough to remove the extractor. Once the extractor was removed, breach block popped out just as it should. The way the extractor fits into the breach block, I could not get the extractor out, nor would the breach block come out.

Now all I need is to remove the forearm wood - still not sure about that recoil lug screw.

Ken H>