PDA

View Full Version : How do Sellier & Bellot Primers compare to Winchester Primers?

mtgrs737
07-23-2015, 11:38 AM
I can save some money buying Sellier & Bellot small and large pistol and small and large rifle primers, but are they as good as the Winchester and Remington primers I am now using? I have no experience with S&B primers but have heard that they are the "Winchester" of Europe. I would probably just use them for my high volume blasting ammo, but don't want to take a chance of raising pressures in small pressure sensitive cartridges like 9mm luger. I have found no loading data that lists S&B data.

Anyone using this brand?

Ed_Shot
07-23-2015, 07:01 PM
I recently started using S&B LP for .45 ACP because they were cheaper. I've had no issues with function or performance. I see no difference in chrony data between S&B and other brands I have used. I'm happy with S&B.

John Boy
07-23-2015, 08:11 PM
If you make up your mind ... about a penny less per US primers... http://www.expansion-industries.com/category-s/1881.htm

mtgrs737
07-23-2015, 11:48 PM
Thanks guys for the replies, I guess they are no stronger than WW primers, so I will not have to worry about over pressuring the load on mild plinker loads.

Gofaaast
07-24-2015, 01:39 AM
The main complaint from a recent post I read was, they didn't feed well in a progressive, and a few were on the small side.

Bill*B
07-26-2015, 01:32 PM
My experience is very limited, but when Widener's offered S&B large rifle magnum primers for $19 per thousand, I bought a bunch. Have only shot a couple hundred, but so far they have done just fine. If I didn't already have a lifetime supply, I'd buy more.