PDA

View Full Version : Here for vintage reloaders or ?

beeser
07-23-2015, 11:32 AM
I've found Cast Boolits to be the best source for information on vintage reloaders so far. The Antique Reloading site seems like it would be ideal but little attention is paid to it compared to here. Are there any other good sources of information?

bedbugbilly
07-23-2015, 01:31 PM
I can't be of much help - I don't collect other than the Ideal tongs and 310 tools in calibers I load - I like doing it the "old" way since I'm "old"! :-)

I fully agree with you about those on this site. Several times I've had questions and always got very informative answers. I highly regard those on here who do collect and who have done the research to learn about the older companies, what they offered, etc. And, I enjoy seeing the old presses and hearing about their backgrounds.

Bent Ramrod
07-23-2015, 04:18 PM
In terms of subject matter expertise, the ARTCA site has it over all others. Register over there, post a question and a picture of your treasure and see what happens. A lot of the informative answers given on Castboolits are from people who are ARTCA members and are also interested in boolit casting and shooting, and other topics on this site.

The ARTCA site does not have the activity that Castboolits has because it is much more specialized than this site. Also, a lot of the questions that show up here have already been the subject of major articles in the ARTCA Journal, so there wouldn't be any "whatizzit?" questions on these subjects from the membership, except for variations and odd specimens of the standards, or "look what I found!" gloat threads. (I've been guilty of a few of those, myself :mrgreen:.) However, anybody with Good Stuff and questions is welcome, from what I've seen.

There are occasional threads on old-fashioned reloading tools (antique and reproduction) on the ASSRA Site because such tools are used in the various shooting venues that single shot rifles are used in, and they are of the same vintage as the classic single shots. A search there might find you some good threads. They would be mainly hand tools rather than presses, or quantity loaders, though.

salpal48
07-24-2015, 09:54 AM
If there is anyone Interested In older tools of all Era's. Please Visit The ARTCA site. All question are answered in time. As here on Cast Boolits There is a wealth Of Info.
Thanks

beeser
07-24-2015, 10:05 AM
If there is anyone Interested In older tools of all Era's. Please Visit The ARTCA site. All question are answered in time. As here on Cast Boolits There is a wealth Of Info.
Thanks

There certainly is much more traffic here on Cast Boolits but on matters relating to vintage reloaders the exchange of information seems to be more closely held. One of the best articles on the subject that I've seen was written in one of the ARTCA newsletters. Are they still published?

salpal48
07-24-2015, 03:14 PM
If you are QUOTE a Paying member . You get a Published Newsletter with all articles.. I would urge anyone if Interested to Join. . It is a Very Close nit Organization . But a lot of Info
Sal

Patrick56
07-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Thanks
Could you give me a more specific address than ARTCA? A Google search didnīt give much. Sorry!

salpal48
07-24-2015, 05:56 PM
The website antiquerelodingtools.com.
Sal
Could you give me a more specific address than ARTCA? A Google search didnīt give much. Sorry!

Patrick56
07-25-2015, 05:27 AM
Ok, thank you very much! Seems to be very interesting.