PDA

View Full Version : Shot my little .22 today

Dennis Eugene
07-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Had this Ruger most my life, it's holding up better than I am.
https://youtu.be/DPy-JcIpzWU

TheCelt
07-20-2015, 12:27 AM
Nice pistol and great shooting!!

Butler Ford
07-21-2015, 05:44 PM
40 years of practice with the same gun shows! Nice shooting, thanks for the journey.

BF

TXGunNut
07-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Wow, looks a lot like my little MKI target pistol. Only been shooting mine for 35 years, tho. Old codger thinks Winchester Wildcat is target ammo and I won't tell it any different.

CastingFool
07-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Is it broken in yet? :bigsmyl2: I have a MK II, and it's far more accurate than what I can shoot it.

jcren
07-21-2015, 09:52 PM
My Browning buck Mark loves Winchester wildcat too. I have only had it for 23 years, so not quite as accomplished yet , but still the standard for all new gun purchases!

TXGunNut
07-22-2015, 10:31 PM
Is it broken in yet? :bigsmyl2: I have a MK II, and it's far more accurate than what I can shoot it.

It's getting pretty close, may have to clean it again in a year or two. I used to shoot plate matches at the long-defunct Ft Worth Rifle & Pistol Club. During the rimfire matches I shot my Ruger against imported pistols costing 2-3 times as much and more than half wore optics. I wasn't fast but my little Ruger never failed me and I seldom missed, that combo was good enough for a few wins.

Anschutz
07-31-2015, 07:08 AM
Wow, looks a lot like my little MKI target pistol. Only been shooting mine for 35 years, tho. Old codger thinks Winchester Wildcat is target ammo and I won't tell it any different. I wish my Anschutz was like that. It doesn't like anything less than Green Tag and that's like fast food for it. My 22/45 doesn't like the Eley stuff though. I guess it's like a Redneck eating caviar, just can't do it.

JeffG
08-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Picked up a Buckmark Camper model today, nice shooter. Needed it to go with the S&W 22A. Fun fun fun!

bedbugbilly
08-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Denns - I enjoyed the video! I'm 62 and a few years back - both a MKIII Target (blued). I loved shooting it and it is way more accurate than I am. Unfortunately, I got it just before the shortage of ammo and it's been "parked" a long time - and ammo is still spotty where I am and still way overpriced when you can find it. I do have some LR ammo put away but just hate to shoot it up and not have any. My Ruger, when I could shoot it, would eat just about anything with no problems. The Rugers are top notch in my book and perhaps one day, I'll get back to shooting it. And by the way . . good shooting! You can tell that the two of you are long time "partners"! :-)